PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel RIP

arbdef is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got to love alltel/verizon

So I fought for almost 2 months to get a new TP because my old one couldn't hold a signal. A few weeks ago the store finally relented and gave me a new Tp they had in the back and I assumed that they canceled the phone that was on backorder. Well to my surprise yesterday when I checked my Postal Box there was a refurb Tp there sent on the 8th. Maybe I can keep the refurb incase my keyboard comes out.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Got to love alltel/verizon

the alltel and VZN phones dont seem to have the keyboard issues that the sprint version has. at least thats the way it looks on here. 90% or more of the keyboard issues are sprint. there is the occasional VZN issue but they are few and far between.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch protel
Carrier: Alltel

wblmedia is a n00b

Actually I know several people with the Alltel TP that have had the keyboard issue, on my third phone from it. A coworker went through 3 then got the Verizon TP, which is a lightly different design than the Alltel, no issues yet.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The alltel and verizon designs are actually a lot different, alltels mirros the sprint ones as far as I know. I think Verizon focused a bit more on build quality since they heavily market to business users not enthusiasts. If they worried about enthusiasts so much they'd probably have left the RAM.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel RIP
Threadstarter

arbdef is just getting started

I just want to make the touch pro last until the next gen of phones come out. I don't want to upgrade to the tp2 because i don't see it being a bog enough improvement. I want a snapdragon Considering i just upgraded my 6700 im a very patient person
Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

richards108 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
the alltel and VZN phones dont seem to have the keyboard issues that the sprint version has. at least thats the way it looks on here. 90% or more of the keyboard issues are sprint. there is the occasional VZN issue but they are few and far between.
just watch your bill vzw might give you a charge for that fru they sent you if they dont get a phoen back in return

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro