PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jorgecuatro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jorgecuatro
Pro running like crap suddenly.

I have a few issues. my pro suddenly started running slow and giving me grief. Windows will load slow. text input is delayed. Keyboard also fails to work after a few minutes from reboot. i find myself pulling battery to restart is way too many times in day. no programs running in background it does the same. I deleted all messages,texts,pictures off phone and still works like crap.

any help??
Old 09-19-2009, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Pro running like crap suddenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgecuatro View Post
I have a few issues. my pro suddenly started running slow and giving me grief. Windows will load slow. text input is delayed. Keyboard also fails to work after a few minutes from reboot. i find myself pulling battery to restart is way too many times in day. no programs running in background it does the same. I deleted all messages,texts,pictures off phone and still works like crap.

any help??
what rom are you using?
why are you pulling the battery, instead of just hitting the soft reset on the bottom?
have you tried doing a hard reset?
Old 09-19-2009, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

any help??
what rom are you using?
Old 09-19-2009, 04:45 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Back up and hard reset, see if still acting up on you.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Something that i notice is when im on the fringes of evdo then my phone locks up all the time...

Old 09-19-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jorgecuatro is a n00b

5.2.19965 build 19965.1.2.3

idk how to back up and do hard reset

idk how to do a soft reset either.

i had the regular original touch and this one seems to be all to similar.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:07 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

To hard reset dial ##786# then the EPST menu comes on, click menu>>reset, after that you will require to enter your 6 digit msl number (that you can get from sprint).
To soft reset just press (with your stylus) the little button in the bottom of the device next to where you plug in the charger.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:10 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

to do a hard reset you can just click on Start-Settings-Sytem-Clear Storage

Since doing a hard reset erases everything, You can backup your contacts and stuff, with this or this

Last edited by razorloves; 09-19-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jorgecuatro is a n00b

for some reason i cannot sync with windows mobile. i believe possibly cause my outlook was a trail version and its no longer legit? i have added contacts since last sync so i would be loosing them.

what really bothers me is the lack of the damn keyboard working.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
for some reason i cannot sync with windows mobile. i believe possibly cause my outlook was a trail version and its no longer legit? i have added contacts since last sync so i would be loosing them.

what really bothers me is the lack of the damn keyboard working.
unfortunately, it is a well know problem for the keyboard to crap out on the touch pro. If you do the hard reset, and it still don't work right, then you just have to get a free warranty replacement from sprint

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro