PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 04:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

billymonks is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Desperate for help: Touch screen broken, cannot reflash

In December I bought a Sprint HTC Touch Pro off of ebay, and a few weeks ago, the touch screen inexplicably stopped working. About a month beforehand, what looked like air bubbles and adhesion started to appear under the screen, but I thought it was only cosmetic. Now it seems like the screen thinks it is constantly being pressed in the center, so it considers all presses on the center button to be the same as holding down the button, and touching the screen does nothing. Normally I would take the phone back to the Sprint store, but I am a Verizon customer, and am using a 6.5 rom, that boots with a Verizon logo. If I could open the start menu, I would be able to flash back to the stock rom, and maybe give the phone to one of my friends who use Sprint to take it back, but I cannot manage to reflash the phone. I can't get into activesync, because the only way to change the option from disk drive mode to ActiveSync is by using the touch screen, and in Disk Drive mode I can only access the memory stick.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. I do not think that the people at the Sprint store are going to take the phone back when it boots with a great big Verizon Wireless logo.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Desperate for help: Touch screen broken, cannot reflash

there's other ways to flash here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266
just make sure you flash the shipped sprint rom here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

billymonks is a n00b

Thank you very much.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can press the volume down button and the power button at the same time while using the pinhole to reset your phone to enter bootloader. From here you can just connect to the phone with USB and run the flash utility. You can also hard reset the phone to get rid of the disk drive settings hahah.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:20 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

billymonks is a n00b

Thank you for the additional tips. My problem is solved.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

if sprint wont warrenty your phone, call up htc as long as the phone is less than a year old, they will replace it for you.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

i forgot to mention earlier that, make sure you relock it after flashing the shipped rom.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

another trick is try to use the tv out cord
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 09-20-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache,touch pro,omnia i910,imagio
Carrier: vzw

bonsaicommando is becoming a great contributor

same thing happened to me.replaced tp with an omnia :[...mymobiler works for viewing the screen...from there can reflash stock rom.(screen calib is a pain in the)a$$..i think a rom i had flashed replaced some drivers or i did and screen stopped working..anyway i reflashed sprint stock rom,( iam sprinttp on vzw) and after hard resets soft resets ...it worked again now runnin 6.5.1calk rom fantasically

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro