PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
G-sensor will not calibrate, says complete then bubbles jump back???

For some reason, I cannot get my G-sensor to calibrate, and its off so bad that it turns opera to landscape if I barely even move it from straight up-down. Whenever I try to calibrate it, it shows the bubbles go level, it says complete, but then the bubbles go right back to where they were before. I've had this problem for a long time now with several different ROM's, searching didnt really find anything about this problem. I figured it may have had to do with using the new sensor sdk for manila 2.1, so I just flashed back to the stock Alltel shipped ROM and still have the same problem. If anyone could shine some light I would really appreciate it.

Alltel / Verizon
Old 09-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel
Threadstarter

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
G sensor calibration will not save, please help

I hate to bump my own thread, but I'm still hoping for some info on this, and now have some more info.

A guy I work with has a totally stock Sprint Diamond, and his is almost doing the same thing as mine! His was off to begin with but he had the old ROM with no calibrator, so I installed the calibrator app from XDA, and at first it wouldn't do anything, just like mine. Then I found if you hold his at just the right angle, with the bubble kinda centered on the line instead of between the lines, it would save. Granted it was still off just a bit, but not nearly as bad as before. Anyways, if you press it again, no matter what angle you set the phone at, it jumps back to about 45 degrees of tilt. I have since hard reset his phone, and updated him to the newest Sprint ROM, all with the same results.

Im really hoping this is just something stupid and someone can please help me figure this out.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

S8perman is keeping up the good workS8perman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to S8perman
Re: G-sensor will not calibrate, says complete then bubbles jump back???

Funny. I'm having the same problem. But for me everything is flipping to landscape. Even if the phone is laying flat. It just flips and all the lights on the front flicker. I even flashed back to all stock and it does the same thing. Needless to say I will be receiving a brand new pro in the mail...free of charge from sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro