PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I did the dumbest thing ever... what should i do now guys? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86103)

boredmug 09-20-2009 12:47 PM

I did the dumbest thing ever... what should i do now guys?

Ok.. my g/f had been complaining of her phone for a while now. Today is her b/day so i decided i would just find her a phone online since her contract still isn't up. I found a palm pre on craigslist for 250 dollars. Normally i do this the smart way and pre-check the stupid ESN of the phone, but i was in a hurry and dumb and did not. The guy told me that his wife needed to switch the phone from her account and that it would be done as soon as she got home from work. Needless to say it never happened. I just called sprint and gave them the ESN and they said the account it is attached to is being investigated for fraudulent activity. So... here is my question. Do i call the police here, or keep the stupid phone and flash it to cricket? Now i'm in posession of stolen property but i'm also out 250 freaking dollars. I'm assuming if i call the police they will just take the phone from me and now i don't even have the paper weight phone or 250 dollars. What the hell should i do? This WAS a b-day gift for my g/f which now makes me look like a total A$$

MikeElGiga23 09-20-2009 01:34 PM

Re: I did the dumbest thing ever... what should i do now guys?

EDIT: never mind

djpaul 09-20-2009 01:43 PM

You should call back to Print and talk to main manager.
Maybe there is something they can do for you. Also you definitely give them any info on the A$$ that set you up. That would make huge difference for you and them.

boredmug 09-20-2009 01:43 PM

Lol. . I thought all their records went off the MEID. apparently the account the MEID is attached to is being investigated for fraud. if i just change the MSL and MSID i don't understand how that would change what they have in their database. Sounds interesting though..

I told them he contacting me through another sprint phone.. they didn't ask for the number. Now that i try to call it it gives some error saying that the number or code you dialed is invalid. I'm just really pissed off. it pretty much screwed my gift.

UPDATE: Now the guy is responding to emails through his blackberry after i threatened the cops and called him several names.. lol. He claims he will have the issue resolved or my money back by 5pm today.. We will see.

ou2mame 09-20-2009 02:56 PM

this is craigslist... always bring a gun.

JAVIERBOND007 09-20-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 1180928)
this is craigslist... always bring a gun.

Yeah! for sure, also bring couple security guards.

Automaton 09-20-2009 06:07 PM

It's after 5pm for the OP. No update... uh oh.

Asphyx 09-20-2009 06:30 PM

If I'm not mistaken changing those IDs is a federal offense...
First thing to do is report it to craigslist. They might be able to give you an email address to help authorities investigating to find him.
If you went the Ebay route you would have a much better recourse but craigslist is a nomans land of thieves.

Table83 09-20-2009 08:17 PM

Honestly sell it back on ebay, or craigslist.

Dr.8820 09-20-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Table83 (Post 1181607)
Honestly sell it back on ebay, or craigslist.

as what, a paperweight?