PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850 TP
Carrier: Verizon

roghaj is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question I still use 6.1

I was just looking through the CDMA upgrade section and notice that all these new roms are 6.5+. I have tried a few of them, but it just doesn't seem better than 6.1 to me. They all feel a little bit slower. Am I in the minority here?
FYI I am using WM 6.1 Build 21054 from Scott (SSK 2.7.5).
-Roger
Old 10-07-2009, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: I still use 6.1

Nope, I tried many of the 6.5 ROMs and settled in on Mighty4 which is a 6.1. Honestly, I dont the start menu of 6.5. It might would be OK if the programs were at least alphabetical.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:33 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

agree'd the 2105x builds have the native scroll, the rest of 6.5 is smoke & mirrors
although the native 6.5 kernel has some memory benefits.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:36 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

until 6.5 or any custom ROM can do something my 6.1 cant do I am staying stock
Old 10-07-2009, 11:42 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
until 6.5 or any custom ROM can do something my 6.1 cant do I am staying stock
they can keep you from pulling out your hair in frustration when stock decides it wants to be pokey
Old 10-07-2009, 11:44 AM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

actually I am experiencing the opposite, there isnt anything that my TP wont run or do for me....mofo is very obedient,nomsayin...have no beef seriously, over 100 apps running just fine, no freezing ,bs or nuttin significant..
Old 10-07-2009, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I haven't use 6.1 since the chefs worked out all the issues with 6.5. Psyki ROM with 6.5 runs great. I haven't even considered going back to stock. With the latest builds of 6.5 you can move the icons around by putting your finger on the icon, holding it down and moving to any other icons location. 6.5 for me is a lot nicer.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:26 PM
DaFlowMaster

glad to hear that Zone, have fun with it. It is all personal preferences nothing else. Wirh SPB MS3, I can do the same but rarely have the need to anyway....As to performance I believe it is bout the same.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:32 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

this reminds me, the other day, I had Waze, Navizon, and Skyfire all running, wifi on, bt on listening to the game on mlb (via skyfire).
my mogul never could have done all that.. lol.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:45 PM
DaFlowMaster

yeah man i remember the mogul and its mighty 64MB

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro