PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion
Manilia 2.6 ported to TP?

Just wondering if anyone has any knew info on the Manila 2.6 being Ported to the TP's VGA screen and for CDMA? Or just any thoughts would be helpful.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Manilia 2.6 ported to TP?

manila 2.6 will not work on our phone.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=334

info on 2.5 vga here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=540520
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:14 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
See what I don't understand about that is the HTC Leo has a Qualcom Snapdragon proccesser and it runs Manila 2.6....

dwizzy130

Old 09-19-2009, 08:56 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
See what I don't understand about that is the HTC Leo has a Qualcom Snapdragon proccesser and it runs Manila 2.6....

dwizzy130
I'm not sure. Maybe there's some info that has come out in the last few days that explains this, but i haven't found it. I was just going off what i had read from conflipper's posts.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:00 PM
iPhone Killer

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
I'm not sure. Maybe there's some info that has come out in the last few days that explains this, but i haven't found it. I was just going off what i had read from conflipper's posts.
Yea, I remember that whole explination by conflipper too... Maybe he just meant it doesn't work on the Qualcom MSM 7xxx series because the Snapdragon is in the MSM 8xxx series.

dwizzy130
Old 09-20-2009, 09:51 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

No it does not run 2.6, its runs 2.5. But 2.5 and 2.6 are the exact same, one is for Qualcomm and one is for OMAP chipsets.

why was that movie out that was labeled 2.6? well that is because HTC was testing, and they chagned the Core MASD version number, but not the version number in Manila itself. So the Actual version was 2.5 but it was mislabeld by HTC, it was during the time they were porting everything over. That is where you see that.

No Qualcomm chipset device can run a true 2.6 version. If you want I can personally send you the latest 2.6 files, and you can test it on your device and see first hand.

Power Vector (PVR) Graphics can not be read by Qualcomm
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

i figured there was some explanation to that. i just couldn't find it last night.
thanks a ton con
Old 09-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

For a CDMA Touch Pro test rom for manila 2.5 check my rom

http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=393
Old 09-20-2009, 03:17 PM
iPhone Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
No it does not run 2.6, its runs 2.5. But 2.5 and 2.6 are the exact same, one is for Qualcomm and one is for OMAP chipsets.

why was that movie out that was labeled 2.6? well that is because HTC was testing, and they chagned the Core MASD version number, but not the version number in Manila itself. So the Actual version was 2.5 but it was mislabeld by HTC, it was during the time they were porting everything over. That is where you see that.

No Qualcomm chipset device can run a true 2.6 version. If you want I can personally send you the latest 2.6 files, and you can test it on your device and see first hand.

Sweet. Thanks for clearing that up man. I knew the ones going around xda were mislabeled but I have just been seeing all the new leo videos and everyone calls it Manila 2.6.
So thanks again,

dwizzy130
Old 09-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post

Yeah thanks for clearing that up, so there are custom ROMS for TP CDMA with Manila 2.5?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro