PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

billyman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just upgraded from Mogul to TP

Hi all, ok the short version... I upgraded from the Mogul to the TP2, but couldn't get used to SO MANY differences (weight, size, no d-pad, etc) so I decided to try the TP. So far I am liking it better than the TP2 (am I crazy?)

Anyway, there are some things I really miss about my Mogul that I'd like to incorporate on the TP. I have searched, but either I got no results, or I couldn't find what I was looking for in the results that came back. I'm hoping you guys can help:

1) Is there any way to enable a timestamp on the pictures from the TPs camera?
2) Is it possible to make the phone save the photos w/ a time/date prefix?
3) How do I re-assign the soft keys?
- Note: I did find this HERE, but my TP registry tree doesn't have a "keys" folder under the "Today" heading (ex: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today/Items/). Should I add a the "keys" folder & then add DWORDs for 112 & 113?
4) Is there any way to disable the LARGE menus? I found where to disable the LARGE Start menu, but all the other menus are still big.

Thank you all for any info you can provide.

Last edited by billyman; 09-19-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Just upgraded from Mogul to TP

You can try AE Button to remap keys. There is alos a button config in Personal/Settings.

I had a Mogul too and the transition to the TP is pretty smooth...
I actually don't suggest you map too much to the buttons as they are much more easily pressed in your pocket than with the mogul.

TF3D2 (available in many custom roms now) makes the need for key mapping less important. Most of what you want to use is already available with the swipe of a finger and the program launcher tab is a much better way to go to quickly launch your often used programs.

I would give it a shot before you go remapping buttons.

As for the pictures question I do remember seeing a cab around here that will allow you to change the naming format but I'm not sure if it patches the save system or simply renames them after the fact.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

billyman is becoming a great contributor

Asphyx, thanks for the reply. I didn't want to install a 3rd party app to accomplish this, but I may not have a choice. Thanks againg for the suggestion.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

photo settings in cam mode gives choice of time stamp. in file explorer, when viewing image list, top right allows to view by date, size, name, or type. But it keeps that view in all files, so if you want your files listed by name default, and your pics by date, you need to change it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro