PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

thesusieqzz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need serious help with HTC Touch Pro (Cricket)

I'm completely new to this and I'm hoping you guys can help me. Here's some background information...

I bought my HTC Touch Pro while not flashed to Cricket. I took it to a shop that specialized in flashing and had it "basically flashed" so that I would be able to talk and text (but ONLY talk and text). All of the features of the phone stayed the same-I had no complaints.

I took it back to get the full flash done and now, everything is different on the phone. I don't mind that at all (as far as the physical features of the phone go), but my only problem is that most of the features that would have worked before on the phone are no longer working (i.e. setting up email accounts, windows live, etc.) and there are some major glitches (when looking at the call history, the icons next to my past numbers are nonexistent; my battery indicator on the top right does not change accordingly to the real status of my battery; the start button is black-and-white and no longer in color; Opera doesn't load anymore, only IE does; and a bunch more).

When I start up the phone, it tells me that I am running Windows Mobile 6.1. When I go into the settings to view the phone information, it says that the ROM version is to0v1.

I would usually take it back to the place to have them fix it, but they are going to charge me again and I really don't feel like dealing with them.

So here's the question: I would like to know how to get it back to the way it was while still being able to use it for Cricket. Looking around on this site, I know it IS, indeed, possible to have your phone work perfectly well-with all the features-while still having Cricket service along with it. I would like to know the programs I need to use (to overwrite what they installed, I guess), where I can get them, and the steps I need to take to get my phone back to normal (without screwing it up, of course!).

I hope it all made sense...like I said, I'm really new to this so I don't know all the technical terms. If you need more information, just let me know and I will do my best to provide it all. Thank you guys in advance for helping a n00b
Old 07-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

thesusieqzz is a n00b
Re: Need serious help with HTC Touch Pro (Cricket)

I'm sorry, I completely forgot to mention that it was a Sprint phone (CDMA). I don't know if that makes a difference.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Well where to start, follow the first link in my sig, that will help with the basic stuff, the search button is under the treo 800, use the google one. and read all of the stickies(top threads) and you will have a better understanding on what your little monster can do. Welcome to PPCGeeks!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 09-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (cdma)
Carrier: cricket

hyunkel is a n00b

hello i need help. i have a sprint htc touch pro fully flashed to cricke twireless everything seemed to work fine including my bad *** evdo internet speed unfortunatelly couple of weeks ago i had to call cricket because for unknown reason my service got disconnected (i believe they did this deliveratelly to find out what kind of phone i was using) so got it re-connected and right after that everything worked fine but i was (and still) not longer getting evdo i have call customer service and they always give me the same b.s. that my phone is uncapable of getting evdo because is not a cricket phone i know my plan includes unlimited data roaming etc but they just dont want to let me have evdo on my phone. help will be appreciated

Last edited by hyunkel; 09-05-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Lurker

hyunkel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesusieqzz View Post
I'm completely new to this and I'm hoping you guys can help me. Here's some background information...

I bought my HTC Touch Pro while not flashed to Cricket. I took it to a shop that specialized in flashing and had it "basically flashed" so that I would be able to talk and text (but ONLY talk and text). All of the features of the phone stayed the same-I had no complaints.

I took it back to get the full flash done and now, everything is different on the phone. I don't mind that at all (as far as the physical features of the phone go), but my only problem is that most of the features that would have worked before on the phone are no longer working (i.e. setting up email accounts, windows live, etc.) and there are some major glitches (when looking at the call history, the icons next to my past numbers are nonexistent; my battery indicator on the top right does not change accordingly to the real status of my battery; the start button is black-and-white and no longer in color; Opera doesn't load anymore, only IE does; and a bunch more).

When I start up the phone, it tells me that I am running Windows Mobile 6.1. When I go into the settings to view the phone information, it says that the ROM version is to0v1.

I would usually take it back to the place to have them fix it, but they are going to charge me again and I really don't feel like dealing with them.

So here's the question: I would like to know how to get it back to the way it was while still being able to use it for Cricket. Looking around on this site, I know it IS, indeed, possible to have your phone work perfectly well-with all the features-while still having Cricket service along with it. I would like to know the programs I need to use (to overwrite what they installed, I guess), where I can get them, and the steps I need to take to get my phone back to normal (without screwing it up, of course!).

I hope it all made sense...like I said, I'm really new to this so I don't know all the technical terms. If you need more information, just let me know and I will do my best to provide it all. Thank you guys in advance for helping a n00b
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...73#post1121273 i hope this helps u a bit. at least will make mms and wap work
Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyunkel View Post
hello i need help. i have a sprint htc touch pro fully flashed to cricke twireless everything seemed to work fine including my bad *** evdo internet speed unfortunatelly couple of weeks ago i had to call cricket because for unknown reason my service got disconnected (i believe they did this deliveratelly to find out what kind of phone i was using) so got it re-connected and right after that everything worked fine but i was (and still) not longer getting evdo i have call customer service and they always give me the same b.s. that my phone is uncapable of getting evdo because is not a cricket phone i know my plan includes unlimited data roaming etc but they just dont want to let me have evdo on my phone. help will be appreciated
It sounds like you need to reauthinticate
To check ##33284# or send choose HDR
an/aaa authenticat should be 1=authinticated.
If this is anything else you will need to reauthinticate in ##pst# or send.Then EDIT, then Security both user names your 10 digit phone#@mycricket.com both passwords cricket.
Try it see if that works and don't call cricket they will always give you the BS they don't guaranty anything but talk and text for flashed phones.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:23 AM
Lurker

hyunkel is a n00b

thanks for the help i have tried that already and guess what? when my phone is authenticated my wap and internet connection runs slowwwwerrr than what it is rite now. i can get authenticated when i use a 4 digit prl file but speed is compromised so i decided to experiment with all the prl files available for my city until i found a quick fix i now use a 5 digit prl (yes a 5 digit roaming prl because i found that im granted 200 or 500 minutes of roaming montly so technically i have a roaming plan) though my phone is not getting authenthicated my speed now is almost as fast as in my old evdo days. im working on a new plan to get a solution for this evdo issue once and for all. i have a close friend of mine that's started working for cricket just recently. and we decided to start experimenting so far we have fully flashed a sprint palm treo700 to cricket successfullly! and everything works great! i know i m very close to a solution for this evdo thing i will continue exploting my resources and see what happens. i' ll post the results later on this month.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
thanks for the help i have tried that already and guess what? when my phone is authenticated my wap and internet connection runs slowwwwerrr than what it is rite now. i can get authenticated when i use a 4 digit prl file but speed is compromised so i decided to experiment with all the prl files available for my city until i found a quick fix i now use a 5 digit prl (yes a 5 digit roaming prl because i found that im granted 200 or 500 minutes of roaming montly so technically i have a roaming plan) though my phone is not getting authenthicated my speed now is almost as fast as in my old evdo days. im working on a new plan to get a solution for this evdo issue once and for all. i have a close friend of mine that's started working for cricket just recently. and we decided to start experimenting so far we have fully flashed a sprint palm treo700 to cricket successfullly! and everything works great! i know i m very close to a solution for this evdo thing i will continue exploting my resources and see what happens. i' ll post the results later on this month.
What roaming PRL offers that? Also have your cricket friend change you phone in CID to a QA4 and add the HTML $15.00/month. It's alot faster and you can also use outlook's push email.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Cricket

daveSave is a n00b

Quote:
I have a sprint htch touch pro fully flashed to cricket too. I used Isriam v4.50 ROM and Ryan Mogul PST settings. I do ##DEBUG# and see my HDR = 1 Authenticated but not EVDO browsing speeds. My indicator says "EV" but in Internet Explorer DSL Reports mobile speed test gives 100-150 kbps speeds regularly. That's the fastest I ever get...How fast was your evdo internet speed with cricket touch pro when it worked?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Please remember that CricKet internet only supports port 8080. If you're trying to use it with POP e-mail or connecting to a VPN or something it won't work. I've been running a gimped Verizon Touch Pro for a bunch of months now on CricKet and it works just fine for the most part. MMS working, good ROM (Calkulin) and overall a nice phone to use.

If you have any questions please PM me. I'd be happy to steer you in the right direction. All that has been said in this thread is valuable.

Do use RyanMogul's PST thread settings!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro