PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: Verizon

juicemane is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is the touch pro better than the blackberry for business purposes?

is the touch pro better than the blackberry for business purposes? Considering the fact that the battery dies so fast when on the internet and push email is a major battery killer. is the touch pro a better business phone ?
Old 03-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: is the touch pro better than the blackberry for business purposes?

i believe so. i work in the insurance industry. i had a blackberry, 8350i that i might have kept if nextels data was faster, but luckily for me it wasn't. i got my girlfriend the diamond and after playing with it i decided i wanted a pro.

the pro i love. the battery is a pain but managable (nfsfans rom is the best on battery for me so far). i have push on always as i am usually out of the office. i use it to tether my laptop for internet access (wmwifirouter) and it basically gives me a mobile office. i love the touch interface, much better than blackberrys k/b in my opinion. with windows mobile, there is no need to bis add on's (sprint) so my bill was actually a little cheaper with winmo. as assuming you have windows on your computer, winmo communicates great. office is great, i use word and excel often. i also use a program call scan2pdf that lets me take a pic of a document and saves it as a pdf that i can quickly email out.

so if you are using exchange, and want a phone for work, i think the tp1 is a great choice. i may be a little bias as the only blackberry i had was the 8350i which is slow as all hell but my buddy has the 8330 and i still love my pro much much more lol.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

originl is a n00b

I think it also depends on what sort of business activities you usually connect to.

Do you connect to an intranet SharePoint or other websites over WiFi/VPN?
What sort of security does your IT have in place to limit or authenticate users, etc.

I've found that Blackberries, while easier out of the box to connect to and access Corporate information, can also be done with a Windows Mobile device with the know-how. Then again, this is all up to your IT department's setup and restrictions. I'd ask your coworkers with the various devices.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

honestly i'd say that it was easier to do with my winmo device than it was with my blackberry (no enterprise server at my office). while it was easy with the blackberry using bis, i found it much easier with winmo. plug it in, start activesync, enter our webmail settings and it was all done.

but for the most part, i only use it for exchange at work. i don't remote into my laptop here at the office or anything, atleast not yet. i do remote into my server at home but thats about it.

but i agree, i would def. speak with the it department at your work to get their input. they may suggest one over the other.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i still have my bb but will be downing it soon. it's great for calls and has outstanding battery life, but it sucks on data which you need for business. but i've got the nextel one, be careful of the iden network!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro