PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   need help with evirus visual kitchen!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85380)

m_reyna_16 09-17-2009 03:07 AM

need help with evirus visual kitchen!!!

ive asked on both dcd's thread and calk's....how can i get dcd's kitchen to work with calk's oems? im new to this kitchen and would also like to know how to use it!

bikeandestroyx 09-17-2009 03:11 AM

Re: need help with evirus visual kitchen!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 (Post 1172533)
ive asked on both dcd's thread and calk's....how can i get dcd's kitchen to work with calk's oems? im new to this kitchen and would also like to know how to use it!

DCD actually uses bepe's platform rebuilder, not visual kitchen. Do you want oems from caulks oldstyle kitchen, or EXT's from his new visual kitchen

m_reyna_16 09-17-2009 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1172537)
DCD actually uses bepe's platform rebuilder, not visual kitchen. Do you want oems from caulks oldstyle kitchen, or EXT's from his new visual kitchen

well like i said, i dont know how to use this type of kitchen...so you tell me, what type is better/easier to use?

bikeandestroyx 09-17-2009 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 (Post 1172544)
well like i said, i dont know how to use this type of kitchen...so you tell me, what type is better/easier to use?

well if your not too familiar, i would use caulks VK, cause its already setup, platform rebuilder and DCD's kitchen are more for advanced users/chefs.

m_reyna_16 09-17-2009 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1172546)
well if your not too familiar, i would use caulks VK, cause its already setup, platform rebuilder and DCD's kitchen are more for advanced users/chefs.

yea, ive been told that...but the thing is that i want to use dcd's kitchen because i think its a faster rom. thats why i want to know how to do what i want to do....it just takes a lil step by step and ill get it

bikeandestroyx 09-17-2009 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 (Post 1172549)
yea, ive been told that...but the thing is that i want to use dcd's kitchen because i think its a faster rom. thats why i want to know how to do what i want to do....it just takes a lil step by step and ill get it

okay well to take EXT files from caulks kitchen:

Create a new folder in DCD's kitchen in dcd_hermann_2.16\EXT call it what ever you want for example MY EXT's, you can create multiple folders to keep your exts organized, i have multimedia one, internet one, games, etc.

find the EXT's you want in caulks kitchen folder, then copy them to your newly created folder in DCD's.
Cook away!

m_reyna_16 09-17-2009 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1172566)
okay well to take EXT files from caulks kitchen:

Create a new folder in DCD's kitchen in dcd_hermann_2.16\EXT call it what ever you want for example MY EXT's, you can create multiple folders to keep your exts organized, i have multimedia one, internet one, games, etc.

find the EXT's you want in caulks kitchen folder, then copy them to your newly created folder in DCD's.
Cook away!

what would i need to create multiple folders? better yet, what effect will it take if i dont do it that way?

bikeandestroyx 09-17-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 (Post 1172599)
what would i need to create multiple folders? better yet, what effect will it take if i dont do it that way?

It just makes things more organized for you if your looking for certain ext. It doesnt matter though

m_reyna_16 09-17-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1173610)
It just makes things more organized for you if your looking for certain ext. It doesnt matter though

ok, and out of curiosity...what would happen if we did the other way you asked me about? will it be a longer process, its harder?

m_reyna_16 09-18-2009 03:33 AM

ok, i did what you told me...

1)Created a folder named "My EXTs" on "dcd_herman_2.16\EXT".

2)Created other folders to organize my OEMs a lil more, which in my case were:
a)Applications - which is where i put all of my apps, including HTC apps.

b)Manila - that is where i put all of my manila files including preferences,
tweaks/modificatoins, etc.

c)System - this is where i put games, dialers, phonecanvas, SIP and
internet options.

d)System Preferations - which is what battery icons i wanted, menu
enhancements, comm manager and WMP color, etc.

Is this correct? I dont want to start building away if this is not right...

Also, if it is correct, do my OEMs cook by themselves or do they need to be checked or unchecked like other kitchens?