PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: need help with evirus visual kitchen!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
ok, i did what you told me...

1)Created a folder named "My EXTs" on "dcd_herman_2.16\EXT".

2)Created other folders to organize my OEMs a lil more, which in my case were:
a)Applications - which is where i put all of my apps, including HTC apps.

b)Manila - that is where i put all of my manila files including preferences,
tweaks/modificatoins, etc.

c)System - this is where i put games, dialers, phonecanvas, SIP and
internet options.

d)System Preferations - which is what battery icons i wanted, menu
enhancements, comm manager and WMP color, etc.

Is this correct? I dont want to start building away if this is not right...

Also, if it is correct, do my OEMs cook by themselves or do they need to be checked or unchecked like other kitchens?
bike? you there? lol
Old 09-19-2009, 10:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

by default anything in dcd's kitchen (platformrebuilder) will be cooked in, as long as there is no _skip folder in it... which you will need to watch out for because the VK automatically puts _skip files in and seemingly deletes them on the fly then re-add em. don;t know why this is... OEM's are OEMs and work the same way as always.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
by default anything in dcd's kitchen (platformrebuilder) will be cooked in, as long as there is no _skip folder in it... which you will need to watch out for because the VK automatically puts _skip files in and seemingly deletes them on the fly then re-add em. don;t know why this is... OEM's are OEMs and work the same way as always.
yea well i tried what bike told me to do, and the rom built without the OEMs...havent checked for skip folders yet but ill let you guys know

EDIT: just checked and they do contain skip files, do i just delete them or how do i do this?
Old 09-21-2009, 09:11 AM
N00b

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

yes just delete the skip files.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
yes just delete the skip files.
thanks, do you happen to know if there is only one skip file per OEM or that depends on the builder of the OEM and might be more than one?
Old 09-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

deleted skip files and still no go! am i missing something?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:46 PM
N00b

do you get errors? when I am working with platformrebuilder (my main kitchen nowadays) and I am using exts/oems from other chefs, I ALWAYS forget to delete the skip files. what I do is just use windows to search for files called _skip in the kitchen directory and just delete them all. There is typically one per OEM/EXT/SYS folder. do you see the package name in the output window of the kitchen. if it doesn't already, you may want to add a "pause" at the end so it doesnt close and you can read the information.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
do you get errors? when I am working with platformrebuilder (my main kitchen nowadays) and I am using exts/oems from other chefs, I ALWAYS forget to delete the skip files. what I do is just use windows to search for files called _skip in the kitchen directory and just delete them all. There is typically one per OEM/EXT/SYS folder. do you see the package name in the output window of the kitchen. if it doesn't already, you may want to add a "pause" at the end so it doesnt close and you can read the information.
funny that you mention a pause.....i was barely going to tell you that i think i get errors (i get red letters in the build process) and cannot see what they are because it closes out on me, how do i do a pause? also, i did see that the folders that i made show up in the output window. that being said, maybe it is that my OEMs are not in the "other chefs" folder (it has a folder named like this)? the OEMs in the EXT folder have numbers in front of the name (from 0-3, i think) and i have heard that if there are repeated files, that the file in folder 0 is overwritten by folder 1, the files in folder 1 are overwritten in folder 2, etc etc. sooo, can it be that since my OEMs are not in those folders, that the kitchen is not taking into consideration my files?

EDIT: I placed all of my EXT/OEM folders in the "other chefs" folder without sorting them out AND THAT WORKED!!!! ***PROBLEM SOLVED***

Thank you both for helping me solve this!

Last edited by m_reyna_16; 09-24-2009 at 03:56 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro