PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Threaded text issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85341)

NeroDan 09-16-2009 11:28 PM

Threaded text issue

So I'm running a 6.5 ROM from some kitchen, I can't remember which one right now. When the phone is in threaded text mode, I will send a text and I hit "Ok" in the upper right corner or the back button to go back to the list of messages...it will then hang, sometimes it will come out of it after a few minutes, but most of the time it won't. If S2U2 locks it, it will only show a blank screen with the title bar at the top. It's ridiculous frustrating.

I do have a decent amount of texts in my inbox (2000+), but I have had many more (12000+) in my 6.1 inbox with no issues. Also, this isn't the only kitchen where I've had this issue...hard resets don't do anything. It doesn't do it with threaded turned off however.

Ideas anyone?

NeroDan 09-17-2009 03:05 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 6.0; u; en) Presto/2.1.1)

bump...is anyone else having this issue?

soulre2 09-19-2009 01:00 AM

Re: Threaded text issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeroDan (Post 1173741)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 6.0; u; en) Presto/2.1.1)

bump...is anyone else having this issue?

i have the same problem i still trying to track that problem down but i have many things up in the air what is making it lock up but i know what you are talkin about i jump from rom to rom and back to stock rom and it was doing the same thing also but now im using Psyki4 new rom that he just came out with and im not having that problem but i think with all the text messages, backups of textes putting back on the phone, keyboard lag, and not hard resetting after installing a new rom there is something doing it because right now i didnt restore the texts and i thinking here has the keyboard lag fixed on his rom and i did a hard reset before and after i installed it on my phone and now i dont see the problem but if i do come up with something new or zero in on that problem then i will let you know but until now that is the best i can tell you about your problem that i was in

oh one last thing i was thinking it may also be cabs you are installing that is making it do it also it is missing with what the person already done to the rom to make it like it is

quick99si 09-19-2009 01:28 AM

Re: Threaded text issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulre2 (Post 1178064)
i have the same problem i still trying to track that problem down but i have many things up in the air what is making it lock up but i know what you are talkin about i jump from rom to rom and back to stock rom and it was doing the same thing also but now im using Psyki4 new rom that he just came out with and im not having that problem but i think with all the text messages, backups of textes putting back on the phone, keyboard lag, and not hard resetting after installing a new rom there is something doing it because right now i didnt restore the texts and i thinking here has the keyboard lag fixed on his rom and i did a hard reset before and after i installed it on my phone and now i dont see the problem but if i do come up with something new or zero in on that problem then i will let you know but until now that is the best i can tell you about your problem that i was in

oh one last thing i was thinking it may also be cabs you are installing that is making it do it also it is missing with what the person already done to the rom to make it like it is

lol @ the comma being the sole punctuation in your post.

This is a common problem with some if not all 6.5 builds. I've given up trying to resolve it, and decided to stick with non-threaded instead :/