PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Lord Delmar is keeping up the good workLord Delmar is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Reboot screen

Ok, so REALLY not liking this forum right now. Wrote out a long post and hit submit and it cleared it and told me I have to type more than 5 characters. GRR!! anyway....

So my phone has had this problem where I plug in a sync cable and it thinks its a TV out. Tried many diff. roms and even flashed back to stock, and no good. Finally determined it was the port and I have decided to take it in to the store to get it exchanged. Only problem is that our local store here (the one with a tech) is not a corporate store and they are well known for doing everything they can to find a reason to make you pay for a replacement. Even as far as claiming water damage when it isn't (but won't get into that, as its not about me).

The problem I have is with an old ROM that I flashed a long time ago. Instead of the HTC logo coming up when you first soft reset the phone, an Unreal tournament 3 screen comes up (Flashed the Gamer ROM from back in Janurary). No matter which ROM I flash (even stock) the picture remains. Anyone have any ideas on how to remove it and turn it back to the HTC logo?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff
Re: Reboot screen

Step by step:
1. Download Resco File Explorer and install the app on your phone. (Don’t know how to install Resco File Explorer? Learn Here.)
2. Open Resco File Explorer on your phone and navigate to the Windows folder.
3. Once inside the Windows folder, scroll down until you find a file called welcomehead.192. This is the file we’re after.
4. Now highlight that file, and hold down the Enter (circle) button. Then “Copy To”. Navigate to “Internal Storage”.
5. This will place the welcomehead.192 file into your internal storage folder.
6. Now that the file is in your internal storage, plug your TP in to your computer.
7. Establish a Disk Drive connection. (What is a Disk Drive Connection?)
8. Go to My Computer on your PC and open up your Diamond so you see the files on the internal storage.
9. Low and behold you should see the file welcomehead.192.
10. Copy this file to your desktop.
11. Open this file in photoshop or your favorite image editing program. Check the dimensions.
12. Create a new document this size, make it how you want to, then save it as a .png. Make sure you name the image welcomehead.192.png.
13. Copy your newly created .png file on to your TP's internal storage card (or if you download our Fluffy .png shown below, just copy this file onto your internal storage). You may want to put it in a separate folder so you don’t have to overwrite the original file – just so you have a backup.
14. Unplug your TP from the computer.
15. Open up Resco File Explorer again on your Diamond.
16. Navigate to your internal storage where you saved your new .png file. Now copy it. The filename should still be welcomehead.192.png, but it will have your artwork because you modified it, right? Good. Copy the file by hovering over it and holding down enter (circle) and selecting the “copy” option.
17. Now navigate back to the Windows folder using Resco File Explorer. Once inside, scroll down to the bottom of the folder where welcomehead.192 resides. Hover over this file and hold enter (circle button) until the options pop up.
18. Select “Paste”. It should ask you if you want to overwrite the file. You will want to because you are overwriting the old graphic artwork (welcomehead.192.png) with your new artwork (welcomehead.192.png).
19. Restart your device and enjoy your new startup art!

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/esimmons/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

Last edited by echomatics; 09-16-2009 at 02:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the help. Though I got halfway through with it and noticed something. I am currently running Silence's Final ROM and the image I have is orange in color.

The image I am needing replaced is before that one comes up. Its what shows up when the bootloader version and radio version numbers are on the screen. This is the one that says 'Unreal Tournament 3' and I need to get replaced.

Thank you VERY much for that other post, though. I will definitely make use of it.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

if the one that should say "touch pro" was replaced and you want that one back go here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...08&postcount=2
Old 09-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah the 5 character limit... are you using FF and NoScript? You have to allow googleapis to work in order to submit a post

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 09-17-2009, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Haha! Yes, I am using No Script. Found that out a bit ago that the googleapis was the culprit and allowed that. Anyway, so even after flashing to stock and relocking, its still thinking I am using a TV out cable because it refuses to sync. No worries though, took it back to the store when it locked up after attempting to relock it off the SD card. Tech took it apart (humorously, it took her less than 2 minutes to take it completely apart) and inspected the phone. Said it didn't look like water damage and said she would order a replacement.

thank EVERYONE for their help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro