PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

juddrl is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Headphone dongle question

is there some way to enable the microphone at the same time you have the dongle plugged in?

I connect a 3 1/2" cable into the dongle and the other end into the input in my car so I get the sound over my car speakers (good for pandora and navigation).

What I would like to do is use it as a speakerphone with sound over the car speakers but the dongle acts like headphones and disables the microphone.

If anyone knows, that would be great.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Headphone dongle question

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddrl View Post
is there some way to enable the microphone at the same time you have the dongle plugged in?

I connect a 3 1/2" cable into the dongle and the other end into the input in my car so I get the sound over my car speakers (good for pandora and navigation).

What I would like to do is use it as a speakerphone with sound over the car speakers but the dongle acts like headphones and disables the microphone.

If anyone knows, that would be great.

anyone?
Old 09-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

It's probably some kind of registry edit that enables and disables the mic for different applications. It is naturally looking for a headphone with mic built in not a line in connection for a car stereo. Thats about all I can offer. I've wondered the same thing from time to time. I just use Bluetooth its easier I think.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 09-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

I agree with above post. However, I also must add that the word "Dongle" makes me laugh.(Yes yes, I know, no more kool-aid for Major Nate...My ADHD is kickin in b/c I hafta drive 3 hours to Training in 3 hours. haha.)

Have you tried using the TV Out CAB? I'm not sure if this would even apply, but ya never know...It's just a random thought that popped in my head.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:23 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

hey that tv out idea, could actually work lol

+1 for ADD btw lol..

its not working because you have a cord connected that has no mic... i dont think you can accomplish what your asking.. heres why..

youd need to somehow setup disabling the unmiced cord so that the phone works, however if u make the phone think the cord is disabled, youd now lose the sound through you speakers, since the cord is whats making that happen... followin me here?

i dunno, it sounds and reads strange to me, but i cant think of another way to word it .. sorry
Old 09-02-2009, 06:49 AM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i use my dongle for this, but i modded it, crack it open cut the blue wire and viola, you now have a tv out dongle (but you cnanot use it for headphones anymore so if thats a deal breaker for you stop right now) then just plug a 3.5 mm ntsc a/v cord and plug it into your audio inputs in your (im sure) pimped out ride. then you can get the speaker phone through your car speakers like you wanted. or hell put it in your dvd player and use your gps on screen like i do,
Old 09-02-2009, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdd0512 View Post
i use my dongle for this, but i modded it, crack it open cut the blue wire and viola, you now have a tv out dongle (but you cnanot use it for headphones anymore so if thats a deal breaker for you stop right now) then just plug a 3.5 mm ntsc a/v cord and plug it into your audio inputs in your (im sure) pimped out ride. then you can get the speaker phone through your car speakers like you wanted. or hell put it in your dvd player and use your gps on screen like i do,
I was talking about the headphones dongle, not the tv out cable. The audio input in my car is for an mp3 player.

Basically, I'm asking, how do I enable the mic on my phone while the headphones are plugged in. I agree with the poster above, there's probably a registry edit.

I do have the TV cable but I'd need an adapter to plug it into my car. Maybe I'll pick something up today. Does anyone know if the mic works when you have the TV cable plugged in?

Last edited by juddrl; 09-02-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

to get the sound into your stereo all you need is the dongle and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm male to male adapter, assuming your radio uses a 3..5mm plug. as far as the mic on the phone, have you tried it to see if it works with just a set of headphones?
Old 09-02-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
to get the sound into your stereo all you need is the dongle and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm male to male adapter, assuming your radio uses a 3..5mm plug. as far as the mic on the phone, have you tried it to see if it works with just a set of headphones?
I appreciate the suggestion but...

I already use the dongle and a 3.5 male to 3.5 male. This sends audio to my car speakers. It also turns off the mic. Adding headphones doesn't serve any purpose in this scenario.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try the 2.5mm jack and see if that makes a difference(radio shack should have 2.5 to 3.5 adapters). i will hunt around in the reg and see if there is anything that can be changed.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro