PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Keyboard sliding sounds

How do I get new keyboard sliding sounds into my actual 'keyboard sliding sounds' folder or whereever it is...? I downloaded a couple different sounds, and they are wave files? So how do I get them to the keyboard sliding sound so I can select them...?

TIA

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 07-05-2009, 03:53 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Keyboard sliding sounds

You will probably have to get a registry editor like phmregedit
and search the registry for those sounds.
Once you find them you can change the sound to whatever you choose.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

+1 for this.
and horn, there are like 3-4 we can choose from in the sounds/notifications area, doubt it's a reg hack since it's multiple sounds. I'm assuming you just thought it was one sound.

I'll have to look into that tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

i found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319300 they claim works i just found a cab somewhere with a few extra sounds that i installed and used.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Well someone in here posted a TON of cabs via sendspace.com (TYVM) and in those cabs were some sliding sounds hacks. I was just trying to figure out how to use them...
Old 07-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Hey bobby, Heres a cab for some extra Sliding sounds:

1-Mechanical
2-Star-trek Communicator
3-Zelda Item
4-Zipper
5-Transformers
6-Sword
7-Sword 2
8-Swoosh
9-Shotgun
10-Mario
11-Transformers 2
12-Pistol
13-Turbolift doors
14-Light Saber
15-Scifi
16-Water Gurgle
Attached Files
File Type: cab HypSlideSounds.cab (3.37 MB, 255 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 07-05-2009 at 10:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond
Carrier: AT&T

soundwave787 is a n00b

Thanks for the cab on the slider sounds. I am sick of the original ones.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Man-o-man, I was hoping that it would be an easy fix.
But I guess not. haha.
Thanks for the cab Hypnotic, this will help me make my own.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

if you guys wait a couple days i can tell you exactly how to add tones in you actual sliding keyboard setting in the system folder. its about 3 regedits and one file name change. im camping right now and the instructions are on my computer at home. i will have these instructions by the end of the week. maybe even tomorrow
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Using a registry editor, nav to:

\HKLM\Software\HTC\SlidingSound

There are 3 keys: 0,1, and 2. These represent the three current sounds: piano, xylophone, and whatever the third is.

Make a copy of one of these and name it 4. Inside 4, set Default to the name for your sound. Then make the In and Out point to the appropriate wav's in the Windows directory.

Soft reset your device, then go to Start > Settings > Keyboard Sliding Sounds. Your new entry should appear in the list.

1. Your gonna need a Registry Editor. Doesn't matter which one it is, just use one that you feel comfortable with. I like to use SKTools, but there are many out there: Resco, Total Commander, PHM, etc....

2. The next thing your gonna need are two .wav files. I use Adobe Audition aka Cool Edit Pro, to make my ringtones as well as Alerts. Once you have the two sounds that you want to use, Rename them to Slider3_in.wav and Slider3_out.wav and place them in the \Windows Folder on your phone. I have not tried this tweak with mp3's but your more than welcome to experiment.

3.Open your Registry Explorer and point to HKLM\Software\HTC\SlidingSound\. Once your there you should see 3 Folders (keys) that are labeled 0-2, and 2 Dword Files (ActiveSlidingSound and SlidingSoundEffect).

4. In that same directory, you need to make a new folder (key) and label it "3". I don't know about other programs, but with SKTools, just hold your stylus in an empty space on the top window, and a drop down menu will appear, then pick new and then "Key". Once that is made, you need to go inside that "3" which should be empty and have nothing inside.

5. Now you need to make a new String. Pull up the drop down menu again, and select new String. Label the String "in" without quotes of course, and then set the string to "Slider3_in.wav". Now you should have one string inside folder (key) 3.

6. Now you need to make another String inside of folder (key) 3. Just follow step 5, but instead of using "in" we're gonna use "out". So it should be labeled "out" and should be set to "Slider3_out.wav".

7. Add a new string called Default inside the key you created in step 4. Change the value of the string to be whatever you want to describe your new sliding sound schema. The name you call it here will appear in the drop down in the control panel so you can easily change it in the future. .

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 07-05-2009 at 07:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro