PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 09:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: HELP! Error 324 when flashing roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post
Then how is it that i flash to stock rom ?I did this bc i wanted to c if somehow i could flash to stock once i would do that i would flash to custom but cant ,but the wierd psrt is i flash to stock the way the phone is now .37000 instead of -37 cmponex can u explain that thanks
you can flash a shipped stock rom to a locked phone. Rusty Duck said that you cant flash a custom rom to a locked phone. key word being "custom".

Last edited by razorloves; 09-16-2009 at 09:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Read what you wrote...

You can flash a stock ROM but you cannot flash to a custom ROM and you see 0.37.0000 on the tri-color screen. Your phone is locked.

Go here, read, unlock your phone and then flash a custom ROM:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69854

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

computernerd4826 is a n00b

before i flashed the stock rom, i turned on the phone and energyrom popped up and worked for about an hour... then, i soft reset it and it got stuck at the touch pro screen. i flashed the stock rom and its working great. thank you for all your help!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

im unlocked and was trying to revert back to stock and i got the error code every damn time i tried so i busted out my psp usb cord and it worked and i dont know if this made a differ but at 12% it looked like it wasnt going to move anymore so i decided to move my mouse around the screen then the progress continued. I also thought that maybe i had to many things hooked up to my laptop like external monitor and a bamboo tablet a usb fan so i think to much power was being drained from the laptop to complete the connection hold so i unplugged my external stuff i didnt need like my fan and external monitor then rebooted my laptop hooked up psp usb to my phone then extracted the shipped rom exe to a folder then ran the update utlility then moved my mouse around during the update and everythings good now!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

the difference between my psp usb cable and the touch pro cable is the length my usb psp is way shorter maybe this had something to with it
Old 09-17-2009, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by popasmurfn25 View Post
im unlocked and was trying to revert back to stock and i got the error code every damn time i tried so i busted out my psp usb cord and it worked and i dont know if this made a differ but at 12% it looked like it wasnt going to move anymore so i decided to move my mouse around the screen then the progress continued. I also thought that maybe i had to many things hooked up to my laptop like external monitor and a bamboo tablet a usb fan so i think to much power was being drained from the laptop to complete the connection hold so i unplugged my external stuff i didnt need like my fan and external monitor then rebooted my laptop hooked up psp usb to my phone then extracted the shipped rom exe to a folder then ran the update utlility then moved my mouse around during the update and everythings good now!
just fyi. you dont extract the exe when you flash from the computer. you just open the exe and the flashing process will begin. you only need to extract the exe if you need the nbh file inside, to flash from your microSD card
Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lol thanks for your comment and fyi i already know that but when i was running the exe file it wouldnt let me past a screen to update it would immediately give me an error which i never talked about in this post so i extracted the exe and then ran update utility and it never showed the error where i couldnt get past and press next, so i dont know what the difference was but believe me there was a difference, Do you know? I know that when i ran the extracted way of update it also started up quicker o yeah i remember now when i ran the exe it was checking my phone for the version installed and it would give me a error to check my usb connection but after i extracted the exe and ran utility update it let me past that checking part right into the upgrade button where it shows you the current version and the upgrade version, i for me there was a difference.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

now that i think about it that could be helpfull to the scene someone should sticky my genuis observance
Old 09-17-2009, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popasmurfn25 View Post
now that i think about it that could be helpfull to the scene someone should sticky my genuis observance
LOL...ok, good luck with that. jk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro