PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Googlemaps GPS location no longer follows me while driving

anyone else having this issue? it always worked until recently. It now gives me my initial location with no continuous movement updates. I would have to restart to get a new location.

I think the only changes I made to phone is maybe updated live search to bing.

UPDATE: FIXED... uninstalling the Bing update to Live Search fixed the issue.

Last edited by mxl180; 09-14-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Googlemaps GPS location no longer follows me while driving

Bing doesnt work on my phone at all so i refused the upgrade last time i hard reset it. I find that if you launch Sprint Nav (just open and close) anything else that uses GPS will latch on faster.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Bing doesnt work on my phone at all so i refused the upgrade last time i hard reset it. I find that if you launch Sprint Nav (just open and close) anything else that uses GPS will latch on faster.
all i can say after reading your signature is "WOW".
Old 09-14-2009, 10:32 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
all i can say after reading your signature is "WOW".
while he's right to a point, i feel the purpose of this forum is to help out and therefore you have to feel sorry at least a little.
what grinds my gears is people constantly asking how to kill their phone to try to get a free tp2

(sorry, off topic but the issue is resolved, so i thought i'd add my 2c to the sig )
Old 09-14-2009, 10:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
while he's right to a point, i feel the purpose of this forum is to help out and therefore you have to feel sorry at least a little.
what grinds my gears is people constantly asking how to kill their phone to try to get a free tp2

(sorry, off topic but the issue is resolved, so i thought i'd add my 2c to the sig )
i must be living under a rock. i haven't seen anyone asking for that yet. and i always thought the purpose of this forum was to help too. it's just odd for me to see a signature like that. one that blatently slams what, in my opinion, is what this forum is all about. frankly, i'm offended by it.

and with that said, i'm excusing myself from this thread and apologizing to the op for my rant.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:51 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
i must be living under a rock. i haven't seen anyone asking for that yet. and i always thought the purpose of this forum was to help too. it's just odd for me to see a signature like that. one that blatently slams what, in my opinion, is what this forum is all about. frankly, i'm offended by it.

and with that said, i'm excusing myself from this thread and apologizing to the op for my rant.
that's because the mods pounce on said threads
Old 09-15-2009, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6900 --> HTC 6850 --> TP2!!, HTC Snap (Wife's)

letmusiclive is becoming a great contributor

Back to the original post, have y'all experience any other "bloatware/bing" that causes your phones to not work? I have had trouble with the HTC Today program on my 6900... I can't use it without my phone freezing up. I ask because I am in the market for a TP.
- John 3:21

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro