PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Googlemaps GPS location no longer follows me while driving (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84755)

mxl180 09-14-2009 07:40 PM

Googlemaps GPS location no longer follows me while driving

anyone else having this issue? it always worked until recently. It now gives me my initial location with no continuous movement updates. I would have to restart to get a new location.

I think the only changes I made to phone is maybe updated live search to bing.

UPDATE: FIXED... uninstalling the Bing update to Live Search fixed the issue.

Talon Pro 09-14-2009 08:50 PM

Re: Googlemaps GPS location no longer follows me while driving

Bing doesnt work on my phone at all so i refused the upgrade last time i hard reset it. I find that if you launch Sprint Nav (just open and close) anything else that uses GPS will latch on faster.

DarkLord 09-14-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro (Post 1165525)
Bing doesnt work on my phone at all so i refused the upgrade last time i hard reset it. I find that if you launch Sprint Nav (just open and close) anything else that uses GPS will latch on faster.

all i can say after reading your signature is "WOW".

strra 09-14-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 1165675)
all i can say after reading your signature is "WOW".

while he's right to a point, i feel the purpose of this forum is to help out and therefore you have to feel sorry at least a little.
what grinds my gears is people constantly asking how to kill their phone to try to get a free tp2

(sorry, off topic but the issue is resolved, so i thought i'd add my 2c to the sig ;))

DarkLord 09-14-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strra (Post 1165815)
while he's right to a point, i feel the purpose of this forum is to help out and therefore you have to feel sorry at least a little.
what grinds my gears is people constantly asking how to kill their phone to try to get a free tp2

(sorry, off topic but the issue is resolved, so i thought i'd add my 2c to the sig ;))

i must be living under a rock. i haven't seen anyone asking for that yet. and i always thought the purpose of this forum was to help too. it's just odd for me to see a signature like that. one that blatently slams what, in my opinion, is what this forum is all about. frankly, i'm offended by it.

and with that said, i'm excusing myself from this thread and apologizing to the op for my rant.

strra 09-14-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 1165870)
i must be living under a rock. i haven't seen anyone asking for that yet. and i always thought the purpose of this forum was to help too. it's just odd for me to see a signature like that. one that blatently slams what, in my opinion, is what this forum is all about. frankly, i'm offended by it.

and with that said, i'm excusing myself from this thread and apologizing to the op for my rant.

that's because the mods pounce on said threads :)

letmusiclive 09-15-2009 12:44 AM

Back to the original post, have y'all experience any other "bloatware/bing" that causes your phones to not work? I have had trouble with the HTC Today program on my 6900... I can't use it without my phone freezing up. I ask because I am in the market for a TP.