PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ill prolly get flamed for asking but...

now ill admit i dont know how to cook and would more than likely not be that good at it so i leave it to the pros but im looking for a rom.... not a "what the best rom" but one that has the newly released native kernal along with 6.5.1 and what ever the most up to date stable version of toch flo is out. now i know that there a few out there and as time goes there will be more but we currently and prolly will not have a way to search for roms based upon certain features. if there are any suggestions they would be much appreciated.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Re: Ill prolly get flamed for asking but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
now ill admit i dont know how to cook and would more than likely not be that good at it so i leave it to the pros but im looking for a rom.... not a "what the best rom" but one that has the newly released native kernal along with 6.5.1 and what ever the most up to date stable version of toch flo is out. now i know that there a few out there and as time goes there will be more but we currently and prolly will not have a way to search for roms based upon certain features. if there are any suggestions they would be much appreciated.

Now for the serious answer. Look for a 6.1 ROM on stock TouchFlo3D. There is your stability. My experience with flashing all of the new roms, with the newest SYS's, and the latest TouchFlo releases is while you find some pretty good and stable releases..... they all seem to have bugs that still require periodic reboots.

My personal recommendation would be the Energy or Mighty Mike ROMs.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

with 6.5.1 there is a huge issue with touch flo 2.1 port to vga devices, due to the differences. If you are looking for clean, stick to JD's roms like glue because they are very stable. Either that or cook up ervius kitchen from cal, port that sys/xip over and have a field day I guess
Old 09-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post

NICE!!!
+ 1 on using a 6.1 rom tho.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 09-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

kinda hard to find a 6.1 since everyone is working on 6.5. i was thinking about trying the new silence rom when it comes out. im currently using mightys tp final rom and wanna try something different.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:55 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
kinda hard to find a 6.1 since everyone is working on 6.5. i was thinking about trying the new silence rom when it comes out. im currently using mightys tp final rom and wanna try something different.
I've always heard great things about MightyROM so I flashed MightyROM6 (6.5 build.) It's been stable so far, and I like the feel of it a lot, not to mention the speed boost.

If you want something that's tried and tested, the MightyROM4 comes with 6.1 and it seems to have a lot of positive feedback as well.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

MightyROM
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695
Old 09-14-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

wosiek is becoming a great contributor

Psyki released a new version of Psyki 4 this morning that includes Manila 2.1 R1.5 w/ 6.5 native kernel. I downloaded it but haven't had a chance to play with it, but from what I hear it's quite the piece of work. So along with MightyROM and EnergyROM, I'd suggest Psyki 4 if you're looking for the latest and greatest, plus purported stability.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Another thought on Stability. I dumped the new manila versions and started using titanium. Why you may ask.... well:

1. All of the new Manila's are ports, and they all seemd to have issues.

2. Titanium is a lighter package, although it does lack that wow factor.

3. None of the new versions are official releases for Vga devices. When ported it seems to brreed bugs!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

+1 more for Psyki, love that ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro