PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   how do i remove old program link in "Launch program" (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84670)

turdlarsen 09-14-2009 12:58 PM

how do i remove old program link in "Launch program"

After I delete a program, it tends to leave a link in the"launch program" page. How can I remove this? I can't seem to find the answer w/ the search function. Cheers!

strra 09-14-2009 01:40 PM

Re: how do i remove old program link in "Launch program"

are you talking about the programs folder under the start menu?
if so, you can open your file explorer and go to /windows/start menu/programs and delete the shortcuts of your choice

turdlarsen 09-14-2009 02:03 PM

No, its the "launch programs" list when I use the touch flo interface and i press "all programs" instead of a program icon

strra 09-14-2009 02:11 PM

oh
hmm, i always thought those were linked to the start menu programs?
i don't use touchflo so i don't know how much help i can be in that department, but make sure there isn't an orphaned shortcut in your start menu that's causing it to be there

studentjunk 09-14-2009 08:44 PM

It's been a while since I used touchflo, but one of the soft keys should be 'delete', or 'remove' or something like that. I think it's the right bottom of screen.

krnfrk6663 09-14-2009 09:41 PM

Go to the programs area on the TF3D and click remove on the bottom right, and it should put and circled 'x' or something of that sort in the corner of every icon. Push on it like you're activating it, and the spot will go blank. Deleted.

**Edit Below**
I think I misread. Either way, just find the file folder of the deleted program, it usually leavese something behind in Mydevice/ application data, or program files. I believe, but I could be wrong, it searches all folders, sort of like the picture album does.

strra 09-14-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krnfrk6663 (Post 1165668)
Go to the programs area on the TF3D and click remove on the bottom right, and it should put and circled 'x' or something of that sort in the corner of every icon. Push on it like you're activating it, and the spot will go blank. Deleted.

he's talking about the program list after you push the "all programs" softkey

yearn 09-14-2009 09:46 PM

I dont think hes talking about the Program shortcuts tab.
I think he means when he pushes the left softkey (All Programs) that its still listed in there.
I figured if you deleted the shortcut from
Windows/Start Menu/Programs
it would remove it. Also make sure there isnt a secondary shortcut under just
Windows/Start Menus
Those are the ones that show in the dropdown start menu in 6.1

turdlarsen 09-15-2009 01:13 AM

Yearn,
Thats right, its the program list that scrolls up and down after you hit "all programs" on the left bottom corner. The remnant icons have disappeared but i have doubles of some...even the "file explorer". Tried looking at windows/start/blah but no doubles there....strange:scratch: