PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dyskon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GET VERIZON TO ADD NEW ESN! Read inside

So I just figured out how to get Verizon to add any ESN you want to their system-

I had a sprint branded TP which I unlocked an wanted to put on Verizon. Of course the ESN wasn't in their system. I already had another line on verizon so I just them up and told them I wanted to add a second line and already had a phone. I told them it was an unbranded/unlocked phone purchased directly from HTC.

The rep called tech support which sent her a form to fill out for adding a new ESN. This was yesterday. I gave her the MEID-HEX on the phone, she submitted the form, I just got a call back saying they added the ESN for me.

I added the second line, changed the settings on the TP to verizonize it and it worked!!

Just figured I would share.

Let me know if you all have any luck with this method.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:01 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: GET VERIZON TO ADD NEW ESN! Read inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyskon View Post
So I just figured out how to get Verizon to add any ESN you want to their system-

I had a sprint branded TP which I unlocked an wanted to put on Verizon. Of course the ESN wasn't in their system. I already had another line on verizon so I just them up and told them I wanted to add a second line and already had a phone. I told them it was an unbranded/unlocked phone purchased directly from HTC.

The rep called tech support which sent her a form to fill out for adding a new ESN. This was yesterday. I gave her the MEID-HEX on the phone, she submitted the form, I just got a call back saying they added the ESN for me.

I added the second line, changed the settings on the TP to verizonize it and it worked!!

Just figured I would share.

Let me know if you all have any luck with this method.
Verizon will add phones on their system with no problem. That is why they add ur phone aside from the descripancy on on ur story. HTC is not selling unbranded CDMA phones. CDMA phones are carrier specific. HTC just sells GSM unbranded phones.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 09-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

dyskon is just getting started

Well, they bought my story
Old 09-13-2009, 09:13 PM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyskon View Post
Well, they bought my story
That's good. Well U really don't have to have a story. They will add ur non verizon phone. That's 1 way to attact new customers and keep the existing 1. But really depends on the rep. If u got lucky, U will have no problem like u. But some are having a little problem. Anyways, kudos and thanks for sharing. I know some of us here will learn from ur experience.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:38 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

That is strange. I tried to add a Sprint TP to verizon (my second) and they told me I had to send the phone in for testing / programming. 3 weeks later they returned my phone with a not saying: Regected - not on the device portability settlement list.

Anyone with any suggestions?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:17 AM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2037 View Post
That is strange. I tried to add a Sprint TP to verizon (my second) and they told me I had to send the phone in for testing / programming. 3 weeks later they returned my phone with a not saying: Regected - not on the device portability settlement list.

Anyone with any suggestions?
If U read some thread about verizon to sprint or vice versa, U don't even have to show them Ur phone. U just give them a call. The TS said he bought an Unbranded phone from HTC. So when U think about it, he did not show verizon the phone coz if he does, they will immidiately tell him it's a sprint phone. So maybe try to call and ask. It may require U more than 1 call. U have to find nice rep that will do it for U with no problems. But the key is, "sweet talk". I always sweet talk rep by telling them that my situation is tight. Like being laid off. having a new born, stuffs like that, that will make them sympatize. Upon doing that tactic, I manage to beat SERO plans that a lot of guys have. I pay less than 30 bucks for a plan exacly the same as SERO. The advantage I have over SERO plan however, is I do not have any problems upgrading, activating or any compatibility issues on new phones. SERO plan will not activate a Palm Pre. I can, anytime, and I pay less than them.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:14 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
If U read some thread about verizon to sprint or vice versa
or vice versa??? you cant put a non sprint phone on sprint... not offically or through sprint atleast... youd have to hack it on, if anything.. sprint doesnt allow non brabded devices...

Verizon kinda stopped this a few months ago... its gotten increasingly harder if you read around... theres always new threads where people got declined by vzw to put their sprint TP on, and r looking for the work around... most techs tell you no, why do u think OP had to make up a story to get it on there, he had obviously heard theres issues with getting it on vzw, so he came up with a story for them....

glad to hear it worked OP...... did u want a 2nd line though?? if not, thats kind of a drawback
Old 09-14-2009, 12:52 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
or vice versa??? you cant put a non sprint phone on sprint... not offically or through sprint atleast... youd have to hack it on, if anything.. sprint doesnt allow non brabded devices...

Verizon kinda stopped this a few months ago... its gotten increasingly harder if you read around... theres always new threads where people got declined by vzw to put their sprint TP on, and r looking for the work around... most techs tell you no, why do u think OP had to make up a story to get it on there, he had obviously heard theres issues with getting it on vzw, so he came up with a story for them....

glad to hear it worked OP...... did u want a 2nd line though?? if not, thats kind of a drawback
Did U read what I said about the key? The TS got lucky. whether he had a story or not. Verizon will add his phone.

Are U saying that if he did not say that he bought a unbranded CDMA from HTC, Verizon will not add his phone?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

Yeah, that's what he's saying, Verizon has started being a pain about it just recently.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this is why im getting my verizon touch pro2 tomorrow. i didnt want to deal with having a sprint touch pro on verizon. its just a pain in the butt.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro