PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

homamk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just making sure i got everything right...

hey whats up everyone. i am new here and i came upon this site because i of course bought a HTC Touch Pro. so after long days of research and trying to connected everything together it seems very safe to unlock the phone, flash a rom and radio, and use and enjoy the much faster phone. and it can also be flash back to OEM rom and back to original radio and locked back up again for warrenty resons.
but i just want to make sure i got this process down because i dont want room for any error.

to unlock the phone you get the (i have sprint CDMA):
-Hard SPL 037 and use that to unlock phone through activesync.
-than get a custom rom like mightrom and use the RUU in it to flash the rom.
-get a radio and use the RUU in it to get a new radio.

than you have a badass htc touch pro.

and for the relock (this is where i am a TAD confused):
-you get the stock radio back which i found on here seems easy enough to put back
-you get the stock rom which mine is 1.03.651.3 which i found an .EXE one from here. but i also found a "dumped" one.
i also found something called stock SPL190 for warrenty and in it is a .nbh file.
so which one do i use in what order. if i want to get the os back to COMPLETE stock. i also downloaded a tool called RUU that im guessing installs any .nbh file. but cant i just use the EXE and make it go all back to normal?

and than im guessing you relock the phone with the CDMA relocker.
i think i got all the files i neeed and maybe more. i just not sure about the order everything is in to go back to stock.
once i get your help ill be able to start the process of using custom roms. i cant wait and hope i get an answer soon.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for any help!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: Just making sure i got everything right...

the RUU is indeed for flashing any .nbh file, however, you can ALSO load the .nbh file to your sd card and flash it from there as well (which is nice incase you lock up the phone by loading an incompatible rom, which is usually only an issue on verizon, but can happen on sprint at times). To relock, use the spl relocker found in the hard spl thread in the upgrades section. flashing radio back to stock isnt really necessary, however, if your concerned about it, just flash back to any radio for whatever carrier you have. otherwise you seem to have it down pretty good. Keep in mind, flashing a rom hard resets the phone (all data is lost), so make sure and backup contacts before flashing. Flashing a radio does NOT hard reset, so you can flash from radio to radio as needed without data loss, however, its a good idea to backup just incase something goes wrong. Also keep in mind, you have different UI's available with different roms. Most common are manilla, rhodium manilla, and titanium, so make sure and read rom notes before flashing to ensure it has the look and feel you want to try.

Happy Flashing
Old 09-13-2009, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

homamk is becoming a great contributor
Re: Just making sure i got everything right...

thanks for the reply. that does clear up why there is a .nbh oem rom and a exe. so im guessing if i use the .exe one to go back to original i wont need that RUU software or the .nbh file. so if i go back using the .exe, and put the radio back to the one it came with. than i relock it? cause i have the "raphael CDMA relocker" but is that it? cause i got something called "stock SPL for warrenty reasons SPL190" what is that? is it another version of the oem rom or something? do i need that or just relock it after using that .exe file?

thanks again for all the help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro