PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: g1
Carrier: t-mobile

oskiewhoskie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do I unlock the Touch Pro for METRO PCS !!!!! help

im trying to unlock the htc touch pro for metro any can help please...
Old 09-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: How do I unlock the Touch Pro for METRO PCS !!!!! help

GSM devices are not compatible with PCS cellular networks. While it does transmit/recieve on 1900Mhz, MetroPCS is actually a CDMA network, (uses ESN to ID user, not IMEI; does not use SIM).
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 09-17-2009, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I couldn't have put it better myself.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: metro pcs

lklndguy863 is a n00b
Question Re: How do I unlock the Touch Pro for METRO PCS !!!!! help

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
GSM devices are not compatible with PCS cellular networks. While it does transmit/recieve on 1900Mhz, MetroPCS is actually a CDMA network, (uses ESN to ID user, not IMEI; does not use SIM).
I have the sprint htc touch pro and have metro pcs service...im not very techy about phones and really dont know much about what any of this is...but a friend of a friend told me to go to this site because im having a few problems with my phone. everything works on the outside screen, but it likes to freeze from time to time especially when using the camera, also when using the keyboard, half the time it doesnt work unless i take the battery out and reboot the phone. but anyways i heard you can download something to fix these problems. what can i do? please help with reply to my email
Old 09-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

You can either hard-reset your device, or install a custom ROM to your phone.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINTPCS

chandler78 is a n00b

I have the same problem tryn to unlock htc touch pro for metro pcs from sprint do i just download the below information are there any additional steps i need to take?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

First its a good idea to unlock the phone so you can flash a custom rom, but not necessary. Then get a program called baffmsl and find out what your msl/spc number is. Then get a program called QPST and change your MSL/SPC to 000000. You need to do that to allow your phone to do over the air programming for METROPCS. Then you need to find a Metropcs PRL file and update your prl with that file through EPST settings.. Then you can activate the phone and talk/text will work. Next you need to find the correct version of arcsoft for metro so your picmail/mms will work. Also you will need a carrier cab for metro pcs for data. Also you will need to enter the correct EPST setting for Metropcs data. That's about it.. lol There are tutorials around that give you all the details as this is just a broad idea of what you will need to do.. It's not THAT HARD if you've done your research.

Last edited by boredmug; 10-19-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:39 PM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
First its a good idea to unlock the phone so you can flash a custom rom, but not necessary. Then get a program called baffmsl and find out what your msl/spc number is. Then get a program called QPST and change your MSL/SPC to 000000. You need to do that to allow your phone to do over the air programming for METROPCS. Then you need to find a Metropcs PRL file and update your prl with that file through EPST settings.. Then you can activate the phone and talk/text will work. Next you need to find the correct version of arcsoft for metro so your picmail/mms will work. Also you will need a carrier cab for metro pcs for data. Also you will need to enter the correct EPST setting for Metropcs data. That's about it.. lol There are tutorials around that give you all the details as this is just a broad idea of what you will need to do.. It's not THAT HARD if you've done your research.
although you haven't mentioned getting the ESN/MEID into the system, just get the phone houdinied and be done with it, then find the tutorial to get wap and mms.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm assuming Metro pcs is like Cricket in that they don't care if the ESN is in their system or not. Maybe i'm wrong. I've never flashed a phone to Metro pcs, but i've done a lot for Cricket. For cricket it's as easy as calling them and giving them the ESN and telling them it's a flashed phone.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:42 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
I'm assuming Metro pcs is like Cricket in that they don't care if the ESN is in their system or not. Maybe i'm wrong. I've never flashed a phone to Metro pcs, but i've done a lot for Cricket. For cricket it's as easy as calling them and giving them the ESN and telling them it's a flashed phone.
Oh I understand, as far as I know, and I'm pretty knowledgeable about metro, they are unlike cricket in that way. Under legal circumstances, the phone must be houdinied, but as most of you know, there are other ways around it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro