PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

galph is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Crash

my touch pro is running very slow and it also cracked at the chrome part. i tried to get a new one buy going to sprint and telling them that my fun is running way slow and that the crack on the chrome is a known issue, but they said they dont deal with cosmetic issues and as long as the phone is working they cant change it out. so i was wondering if there is a program or way to crash my phone where it wont work as well so they cant see it doesnt and they can order me a new one. thanks for the help in advance!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by galph View Post
my touch pro is running very slow and it also cracked at the chrome part. i tried to get a new one buy going to sprint and telling them that my fun is running way slow and that the crack on the chrome is a known issue, but they said they dont deal with cosmetic issues and as long as the phone is working they cant change it out. so i was wondering if there is a program or way to crash my phone where it wont work as well so they cant see it doesnt and they can order me a new one. thanks for the help in advance!
There are things you can do to make your phone go in a continuous reboot cycle, but that can be fixed by a hard reset. And so can your issues of your phone being slow. Its technically fraud to intentionally damage your phone in the way you want.

I recommend performing a hard reset. This will wipe everything on your phone and reset it as if it came out of the box. You must backup all your contacts and appointments using a program such as PPCPimBackup.

If you need more guidance, let me know and I can go into detail and/or refer you to detailed threads on how to proceed.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Your right, they are wrong. The crack in the chrome is a known defect. They probably didnt know. You have to tell them to look it up. I had the same cracking problem with mine. All I had to do is call customer care and tell them about the issue, and tell them to look it up as a known defect. It took about 30 seconds for her to find the defect listed and shipped a new replacement overnight with a phone return package.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

the op should do a *2 exchange rather than try to intentionally brick the phone. no haggling or nonsense, just tell them you don't have time to keep running back and forth to the store and you'll get overnighted a replacement. this is how i do it, no fraud neccessary.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:10 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

thats just in bad taste to ask us how to brick your device...

just call, or use sprints advanced exchange online... thatll replace it too
Old 09-12-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Xartist1 is becoming a great contributor

I wonder if there are sprint employees here reading these threads. They're probably reporting back to sprint that people are intentionally bricking their phone just to get a replacement.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

galph is just getting started

i already called customer care and told them about the know issue. i told the lady to look it up on her computer and she said no, that she was sorry but she would have to claim it to insurance and charge be $100 for a new one. i kept telling her that sprint had admitted to this as a known issue that they would replace the phone, she kept saying that she couldnt help me. I got frustrated and hanged up on the lady. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro