PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SIP keyboard switching??

Is there any way to quickly swap from one on-screen KB to another without pulling out the stylus & poking at that stupid little triangle next to the KB icon & then waiting??

I hate the TP hardware KB (with its tiny little too stiff buttons) & use TouchPal in Vito SMS-Chat 99% of the time. That KB can type insanely fast using T+ technology (much faster than any hardware setup).

The only other SIP I have installed is Resco Pro. I leave that KB set to ABC so one KB gives me T+/T-9 always & the other is straight ABC without changing any settings etc.

If I had a faster/easier way to swap from one KB to the other in say the middle of an SMS that would be awesome.........

~John
Old 09-12-2009, 09:18 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: SIP keyboard switching??

the sip switching is pretty nice in the newest 6.5 builds (with the new gui)
i'd like to see what nfsfan can do with those builds (others i've used just don't cut the mustard)
Old 09-12-2009, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

calllmemoe is becoming a great contributor

Have you tried sliding the TouchPal keyboard to the regular qwerty keyboard? Don't have to change any settings and you just slide it back to the T9 version when you want to use it again.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
the sip switching is pretty nice in the newest 6.5 builds (with the new gui)
i'd like to see what nfsfan can do with those builds (others i've used just don't cut the mustard)
I am running NFSFAN 112 (killer ROM), but I hated that new 6.5 gui when I tried it.

~John
Old 09-12-2009, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by calllmemoe View Post
Have you tried sliding the TouchPal keyboard to the regular qwerty keyboard? Don't have to change any settings and you just slide it back to the T9 version when you want to use it again.

Yea, that is one of the options -but in full qwerty I really prefer the Resco KB to TP (+ swiping to the TP full qwerty still leaves it in T+/T-9 unless I swipe up to turn it off)

~John
Old 09-12-2009, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Xartist1 is becoming a great contributor

Check this xda thread out : http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-358846.html Haven't tried it so don't know if it works.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I'm not looking to change the default KB, I just wanted a faster way to swap from Touchpal to Resco.

It's no big deal really, I can swipe to the TP qwerty & then turn off T+/T9 with two easy finger swipes so that's what I'll do.

I already used the procedure listed in that XDA thread to hide all the nonsense KB's that nobody ever uses (letter recognizer, block organizer etc etc)

~John
Old 09-12-2009, 04:14 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

just run this... it lets u change the SIP..
Attached Files
File Type: cab AC_IM_Selector.CAB (23.4 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro