PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Adding Cities to Weather Tab

Ok... there has to be a better way... I tried using the weather city editor but I get the error message "file write protection of database couldn't removed" sic. Then I tried editing the 0409_weathercities file but couldn't find the file. I searched for it many different ways but including simpy "0409".

What the F is so hard about adding a city to this application? There has to be a simple way or perhaps a correct way of doing it. And yes, I have read 100's of posts on this topic. Both here and at XDA.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edit: OK... turned of TF3D, removed edit program, and reinstalled edit program and still no go.

tsp
Sprint w/ Jug 0.06 ROM

Last edited by tsperez; 01-05-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Adding Cities to Weather Tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsperez View Post
Ok... there has to be a better way... I tried using the weather city editor but I get the error message "file write protection of database couldn't removed" sic. Then I tried editing the 0409_weathercities file but couldn't find the file. I searched for it many different ways but including simpy "0409".

What the F is so hard about adding a city to this application? There has to be a simple way or perhaps a correct way of doing it. And yes, I have read 100's of posts on this topic. Both here and at XDA.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edit: OK... turned of TF3D, removed edit program, and reinstalled edit program and still no go.

tsp
Sprint w/ Jug 0.06 ROM
Which version of the weather database editor are you using? You should have 1.1 modified. 1.2 does not work.

This cab works for me.
Attached Files
File Type: cab WeatherDatabaseEditor_1_1_Meins.cab (1.22 MB, 411 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul
Threadstarter

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Which version of the weather database editor are you using? You should have 1.1 modified. 1.2 does not work.

This cab works for me.
Shadow,
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Got your advise to work in minutes. I had been working on this problem for hours! Lots of hours!

Btw, I saw versions 1.1, 1.1 mod, and 1.2 posted on XDA site but being from USA I figured the latest was the greatest! Ha!

Anyway, I got my city in the DB and even corrected a misspelled nearby city. Now, all I got to do is clean up the mess I did with files and programs on my PC and SD card.

Once again.... thanks!

tsp
Old 01-05-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to bboyneko

does anyone know how to edit the MORE button when viewing 5-day forecast so it takes you to a totally different website, like weather.com?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Tele2

polarbjørn is a n00b
Talking Re: Adding Cities to Weather Tab

thank-you
had 1.2 installed no problem until i changed theme, then kept getting that message. this worked straight away. thanks for the advice.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

If you want all the cities in the U.S. Install this cab from Conflipper. Works like a charm...
Attached Files
File Type: cab Conflippers Custom Weather.cab (531.2 KB, 213 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:52 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

got a weather database for Rhodium Manila has well. each city has correct timezone info to work with the world clock has well.

Took a couple days to do, had to look up each city time zone manually. so 31,000 cities manually looking up.

Everything works great, need to finetune a few settings though and I will relese it from there.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:22 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
If you want all the cities in the U.S. Install this cab from Conflipper. Works like a charm...
Works great with my Pro.

Thank you for the hard work Conflipper!
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali

Last edited by NinjaMom; 06-11-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Im_Gumby is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
got a weather database for Rhodium Manila has well. each city has correct timezone info to work with the world clock has well...
Would this be why the moon shows up on my city around 11 PM, when other cities in the state (and time zone) show up around 8PM?

And if so, how do I fix it (and/or how soon is your update coming out?)

Thanks
Old 09-12-2009, 05:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

wrn1138 is a n00b

I installed the Custom Weather CAB on my new Sprint Touch Pro2, but it has the temperature in Anacortes, WA off by almost 20 degrees. Any way to fix this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro