PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Need help disabling word completion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84120)

eric46986 09-11-2009 09:05 PM

Need help disabling word completion

I just got a warranty replacement for my Verizon XV-6850 (HTC Touch Pro), and I'm having a problem. I've disabled the word completion in the Windows settings, I've tried the Diamond Hacks, the Diamond Tweaks, and I've even used PHM Regedit. Everything is set to turn the word completion OFF, but it's still there. I want to disable it, and I don't care if it's reversible or not, I simply want it OFF... PERMANANTLY. It pops up if I use the on-screen keyboard, and it pops up if I use the slide-out keyboard. Does anyone know what I can do to permanantly KILL this feature? According to the registry, it is disabled, but it is NOT.

gonnaget2you 09-11-2009 09:31 PM

Re: Need help disabling word completion

Darn thats a strange on looks like youve done what I would , best of luck on that one.

HBOOT 09-11-2009 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this has been working since day one, on Sprint Pro, give it a go

eric46986 09-14-2009 05:44 PM

Update: I've managed to get it to stop suggesting words, by setting the number of words that it suggests to 0, but every time I type a word, with either keyboard, the little grey box pops up, and it wants to add every word I type to the dictionary.

I'll give the cab file a try & see how that goes. I'm starting to think that I may have to do a hard reset & start over. Which is a REAL pain, reinstalling ALL of the software.

eric46986 09-14-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1158685)
this has been working since day one, on Sprint Pro, give it a go

THANK YOU!!!!!! That did the trick.

HBOOT 09-14-2009 08:21 PM

Glad it did man coz that popping thing was annoying as heck. Now, you may wanna get a good back up solution so you wont have to reinstall jack. You may have one, if you do not, check Resco back up, Spb Back up or Sprite and that is my order of preference.

eric46986 09-16-2009 08:19 PM

I still have an issue I need to iron out before I back it up.. I'm having problems with the SMS count. The only 3 ways to get the count right, are to clear all sms/mms messages, and it goes back to zero; or to exit back to my today screen, then go back into each thread, once for every new text message; or to use the arrow keys to scroll through the threads with new messages, until each new message has been highlighted... Very annoying... and time consuming. Unless I'm wanting to save a thread, I usually just clear all messages.... Any suggestions?

As for the backup software, the only thing I've ever used is PIMbackup, which only backs up my contact list. It can be set to backup other info, but not the whole phone... I'll take a look at the ones you mentioned.. It sure would be nice to be able to do a hard reset, without having to spend 4 hours reinstalling everything.... Thanks.

I did some searching... the TP comes with HTC Data Backup preinstalled... best part is, it's free... Or it might have been included in some of the other HTC freeware that I installed, either way, I have it, and it's free...lol. Have you ever used it? It certainly seems simple enough, and some of the comments from other users make it sound pretty reliable, although they do warn you to do a hard reset before restoring, otherwise it doesn't always restore correctly. Any thoughts on it?

HBOOT 09-16-2009 10:27 PM

never used HTC back up as I am all hooked up in the back up department. Try the one I mentionned, all have free trials...and get back you may get hooked/:mrgreen: