PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Touch Pro screen delamination

As many have mentioned in these forums when your screen starts to show this permanent rainbow like oil in water on your screen, the screen is delaming.

I can see this effect when the screen is off and I look at it. When the screen is backlit I can kind of see it.

I don't have the $5/mo Verizon insurance.

The questions:
1.) Anyone had success exchanging their phone with this issue to Verizon? I only saw people mentioning success with Sprint.
2.) Obviously I would like an upgrade to Touch 2. How long should I wait till I try to exchange? Right when Verizon gets Touch 2 or wait a few months? Or will I end up with some Touch 1 refurb?
3.) Will the delam get worse?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:00 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Verizon Touch Pro screen delamination

hmmm, how bout you just get the device your suppose to get? whys it gotta be about how to scam the next cool device...

but you delamination as u call it, which more likely its the adhesive used thats thinned out due to heat.... but its a known issue, and should be covered under the manufacturer warranty... u shouldnt need insurance....

and try when u want... its not like itll take long before it messes up anyways... why wait
Old 08-31-2009, 02:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluruld View Post
As many have mentioned in these forums when your screen starts to show this permanent rainbow like oil in water on your screen, the screen is delaming.

I can see this effect when the screen is off and I look at it. When the screen is backlit I can kind of see it.

I don't have the $5/mo Verizon insurance.

The questions:
1.) Anyone had success exchanging their phone with this issue to Verizon? I only saw people mentioning success with Sprint.
2.) Obviously I would like an upgrade to Touch 2. How long should I wait till I try to exchange? Right when Verizon gets Touch 2 or wait a few months? Or will I end up with some Touch 1 refurb?
3.) Will the delam get worse?
my phone has that too...and it was a refurb I bet the next refurb will have the same issue and I will raise holy heck =)
wha?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I succesfully had my TP replace by verizon through the one year mnfg warrantee due to this problem. It started out small and grew in size over the course of a few days. The screen eventually stopped responding to touch.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

a refurb I got before had that exact issue - started toward the middle of the screen (where the 5 would be on the default dialer) then my screen stopped responding as the tech support was with me on the phone!
I really am inching for touch pro 2 =_=
Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's only a slight visual issue right now but obviously if touch stops working, I'll return it.

I don't want to return it and get a refurb that has more deal breaking issues but may before the 1yr warranty runs out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
hmmm, how bout you just get the device your suppose to get? whys it gotta be about how to scam the next cool device...
It's not a scam to get a free upgrade because of a faulty phone due to no fault of mine. My first phone keyboard stopped working within 20 days so I got to exchange for a brand new one, should of been a sign.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

erkme73 is just getting started

I hadn't seen this post before I took my TP to the local Sprint store. Bought in April, it's still under the 1 year warranty. The guy in the showroom said it'll be 15 min before the 'tech' can look at it. 10 min later, the tech handed me my phone - with a replaced screen and keyboard. I don't know what it takes to replace them, but it can't be much because he did it so quickly. Assuming this is a known issue, and the stores have ample supplies of parts, you'll probably not get the phone replaced.

BTW, the repair was about 3 weeks ago, and it's like a new phone. I was impressed.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Verizon doesn't work on their warranty issues in house.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

They probably just transferred all his info to a refurb and he thought they fixed his phone. This wouldn't be possible for most since most don't use a stock rom.

Oil rainbow look almost covers the entire screen now.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

erkme73 is just getting started

True - had stock rom at that point, but a distinct scratch and dent in one of the corners was still there. I have no clue what the SN was so I guess I really don't know. I am going to take it back though, since the end/home buttons are raised higer than before and squeak when I press them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro