PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Alltel

OrionSX is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel Data not Working...

Hi guys, I'm having an issue where I can't connect to 1xRTT data networks. I haven't tried in an EV-DO network as I live about 20 miles from the nearest one, but I didn't have this problem until after I flashed Psyki 3. After I noticed the issue I tried flashing a WM6.5 ROM, and had the same problem. Is there some Alltel CAB I need to install? Phone and SMS work just fine, just can't establish a data connection. I get either a "Cannot connect for some unknown reason..." or a "Your username and password is wrong..." message. I've tried hard-resetting immediately after the flash, and soft-resetting as well. Alltel doesn't have automated data provisioning that I know of... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Alltel Data not Working...

Did you try ##data#. Check your active profile to 1. Also, Check out this thread for Sprint .cabs. Im not sure if they will work for your carrier or not.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...306#post979306

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

##data# (##3282#) does nothing on my phone. It actually tries to dial it. I've also tried installing the Alltel DCD carrier cab and it changed nothing. Any other suggestions?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Im not too familiar with Alltell, but you can try the update profile and prl cab, that usually does it for Sprint.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The Alltel version doesn't have that feature, and as far as I can tell, there is no Update PRL in Psyki's ROM either. I remember my Sprint Touch having that, and I had to use it a few times... Don't see it anywhere in my settings anyways.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Thats why I gave you the link in post #2. The Sprint cabs file has that in it and will add that to your system folder. Its worth a shot.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro

B Eazy is just getting started

Having the same problem here with 6.5, but not constant. what prl are you using? I am using 40051 from Answerman, works great for me and live 85 miles from the closest Alltel tower.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Carrier formerly known as Alltel

diveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Eazy View Post
Having the same problem here with 6.5, but not constant. what prl are you using? I am using 40051 from Answerman, works great for me and live 85 miles from the closest Alltel tower.
after a flash/batterypull/hard reset if the rom requires it u should install carrier cab. then always dial *228 and select option 1 to "activate" your phone.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

littleevil is keeping up the good worklittleevil is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to littleevil Send a message via Yahoo to littleevil

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66799 <-- rom i use that hasn't had any alltel data sms/mms problems

if you need cab files let me know
Old 07-04-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I think the problem is that none of the local cell companies support any of the short-dial codes (#228, #777...) any time I dial these numbers (even manually) I get a message from Chat Mobility (the local cell company) saying, "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. This is Chat Mobility... blah blah blah..."

I'll try it next time I'm in an Alltel calling area and do a #228 update and activation; we'll see if that helps. Thanks to everyone whose posted possible solutions. =)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro