PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Gps

I love GarminXT also, although it irritates the hell out of me that I have to "crack" it so it will run from my 16 gig card..........

~John
Old 09-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I love GarminXT also, although it irritates the hell out of me that I have to "crack" it so it will run from my 16 gig card..........

~John
how do you crack it to do that, I'm thinking about either getting garmin or tomtom but I wonder if you can crack both of them to run on the normal memory card?
Old 09-12-2009, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
how do you crack it to do that, I'm thinking about either getting garmin or tomtom but I wonder if you can crack both of them to run on the normal memory card?
PM me.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes JM - I do have issues with Garmin's insistence on not providing an installer that will let you use any SD card you like. The SD version is only a gig and since the protection is tied to the card it is on you can not transfer without a hack.

I have the Entire US on a 16 Gig card now as I figured I bought the license, how I use it is my business...

Obviously we should not discuss how here...

But once done I have to say GarminXT is the one to have!

The only hassle is when it's time to upgrade your maps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

guys, the map has to be linked to the software, so your license has to match. There are obviously illegal ways to do that which cannot be discussed on the forums. Alternatively, if you purchased the map, one would assume you also purchased the software, in which case it will install and run perfectly from the SD card. The other option (which i will mention under the assumption that those following these instructions have purchased a map, i am not suggesting using this method to break the law) is to unlock your map. The map can be unlocked through a method available through google, which allows you to use it without linking it to the program. I have my map unlocked (2010 North america) and all i have to do is install garmin to the sd card through activesync and transfer the map to the garmin folder on the sd card, launch the program, and it works. Unlocking your map makes garmin so much easier to deal with.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

The newer phones with a built-in GPS chip save me the hassle of having to carry around the external bluetooth receiver. TomTom and Garmin will both work without a data plan, they will even work once the phone is no longer connected to a service contract and will function as a stand alone GPS device. I actually recommend you disable AGPS when using these stand-alone programs, they seem to be more accurate without the AGPS.
I have been using TomTom since my Dell Axim X5 and my PPC 6700. Neither one of those has AGPS and it worked great.

For those of you experiencing LAG while using the stand alone programs, disabling the AGPS is only one step to correcting that issue.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Actually Pyro the map is linked to the card it is on. The software itself does not have any protection on it other than the Map must come from a licensed card. Yes you can unlock maps to work on any card which is how some of us who bought the software get around the issue.

But once the card has tha maps working it will work on any device you put the card into!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro