PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

admgloval is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth Headset Issue

Does anyone know how to make your Bluetooth headset volume "sync" with Windows Mobile? For instance, when I pair my headset with my work Blackberry, when I am in a call I can adjust the headset volume using the volume controls on the phone and vice versa. But in Windows Mobile, this doesn't seem to work like that. Anyone know if this is even possible in WM or is it just a BB thing? Does this have something to do with the "Headset profile"? If so, I am never given the option to use that profile, just the "Hands Free profile". Thanks in advance for any help...
Old 09-09-2009, 03:50 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Re: Bluetooth Headset Issue

I can do that with my bluetooth, so iam thinking might be a bluetooth thing.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:44 PM
N00b
Carrier: VZW

Steve.G is a n00b

I just tried this with my headset, which happens to be a Jabra BT8010, if it matters. What I found was that while the headset's volume control did lower and raise the volume of what I was getting in my ear, it didn't alter the volume on the phone.. either in a call or in WMP. I think it's because for a headset to control the phone's volume it needs to use AVRC, which is the BT profile that includes start, stop, pause, skip, etc.. as well as the volume control. I'm noticing that my headset provides the options for "Wireless Stero" (which is A2DP) and "Handsfree" (HFP) both of which I can choose in the BT settings. I'm gonna see if I can figure it out, but I think my headset used the auto-pairing routines and just offered up A2DP and HFP automatically, but isn't using AVRC.. either because Windows doesn't want to or because that particular profile isn't paired between the two devices.

As some basic diagnostics, I would suggest removing the pairing on both the phone and the headset (if possible) and then re-pairing .. manually (not auto-pair) and see if you can get it to come up.

As I wrote this, I realized that if I send AVRC commands (like play,pause, etc) my phone jumps into a different BT mode, which may indicate the switch to A2DP vs HFP.

Anyone know of a repeatable pattern to get Windows to raise or lower its internal volume.. and not just the headset controlling its own volume?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

With my Moto S9s I've never been able to control the volume on the phone itself with any phone I've had, I could pause, play, answer, hang up, skip tracks etc, but the volume has been independent of the phones volume controls.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

admgloval is a n00b

Bump..
Old 09-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

what kind of headset?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 09-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

admgloval is a n00b

Current one is a Plantronics Voyager Pro but it didn't work with my old Plantronics Voyager 510 or 520. Blackberry does the volume sync with all 3 of these...
Old 09-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Almost a VIP

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff

stock rom or cooked?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

admgloval is a n00b

Cooked ROM using Calkulin's WM6.1 Kitchen v2 8-22 version
Old 09-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Almost a VIP

I know my stereo bluetooth controls work but my jawbone 2 adjusts itself independant of the phone... but I am on mighty's rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro