PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile hesitant to reflash again

Im on my third tp now and im looking to go 6.5. I've flashed from stock to Juggalo and that worked out fine. From there I went to NRG and then my radio crapped out. I changed radios then reverted back to stock and i still couldnt enable the EVDO. I then flashed back to stock with no luck. I have a new one now and am kinda scared to get the same result. Any suggestions on what i did wrong or how i can prevent this. Any feedback is appreciated.

BTW, I really thought about it......my TP with 6.5 is way better than a TP2 any day of the week. And its smaller
Old 09-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: hesitant to reflash again

I flashed my first TP probably 10-12 times and never had any trouble with it whatsoever. Had to get it replaced cuz the dang keyboard died... Probably a bad device you had before.

MightyROM!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've flashed Roms probably almost a hundred times.. I seriously doubt that had any effect on your radio.. probably a bad TP. Only time i've heard of someone burning up the radio is with a long tethering session which caused a LOT of heat.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

theres no reason you should be worried about flashing, i have never bricked a device from flashing.
I have flashed over 1000 times since i got my touch pro, i usually flash a few times a day cause i keep changing my rom.
Since HTC has the bootloader, you can always flash from bootloader which saves your phone.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network
Threadstarter

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

1x only was a faulty radio then? I never had an issue until i flashed the third time. Was there a setting that i was missing this whole time?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro