PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

okiedokieiguess is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Rant about sprint

I have the touch pro and my first ones keyboard died
so they ordered me a refurb, it came with a broken housing on the battery so it wouldnt stay in so i couldnt use that phone, then they order me another refurb for that and the radio on it died after 2 days and i could no longer make calls, so i get another refurb and now the keyboard on it just died.
so thats 4 phones now in 3 months.
i tried asking for a new phone instead of a refurb this time so i dont get another peice of crap that is going to die and they told me they couldnt because ive gotten too many refurbs!!!!!!
so because they keep sending me crappy phones that break, they wont give me one that works!
that is just the most ridiculous answer ever!

Old 09-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

glittler is becoming a great contributor
Re: Rant about sprint

That sucks, I think I must have gotten incredibly lucky, When my new TP died the Refurb TP that they sent me was even better than my new one.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

okiedokieiguess is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittler View Post
That sucks, I think I must have gotten incredibly lucky, When my new TP died the Refurb TP that they sent me was even better than my new one.
i envy your luck
i was hoping since i had such **** luck that they would upgrade me to a touch pro 2 or something haha
that would have been nice
Old 09-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedokieiguess View Post
i envy your luck
i was hoping since i had such **** luck that they would upgrade me to a touch pro 2 or something haha
that would have been nice
i'm sure sprint thought that too!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

You are absolutely right, damn sprint for manufacturing such a POS phone. They will be out of business before long because they have such crappy products......

Oh wait, thats right, sprint doesnt manufacture the phone, htc does, and they are one of the most popular smartphone manufacturers in the world. On the subject of recieving a new phone instead of a refurb, you should read the tep terms and conditions. Im sure it will outline in there whether or not their policy consists of giving you a new phone if you ***** enough. As far as upgrading to the TP2, im sure you wouldnt ***** about that at all would you.... no, you would take it and be all happy. Little do you know, that when people get upgraded to more expensive new devices, somebody is paying for that device, because sprint definately doesnt get them for free. In the end, you, me, and everyone else pay for people getting upgraded to newer phones for free. money has to come from somewhere.

You are getting a device replaced for free based on a failure that could possibly be your own fault. Shutup and be happy that they are willing to replace it.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Tensions are high in TP1/2 threads!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwide View Post
Tensions are high in TP1/2 threads!
lmao!!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro254750 View Post

You are getting a device replaced for free based on a failure that could possibly be your own fault. Shutup and be happy that they are willing to replace it.
I think that was kinda harsh there pyro. With all the threads ive seen in the past where people are openly asking how to brick their phones in order to get an upgrade, okies concern about getting a decent working device is legit imo. Ive been lucky enough to be on my original touch pro, but if i was in his shoes, getting a bad refurb after bad refurb, id be unhappy also. Some people have paid full price for these phones, and its a fair request to want a 100% fully functional device. I do agree with you though, if someone is damaging their phones with poor judgement, them getting phone after phone doesnt help any of us.
dschoenike

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

j-man22 is just getting started

Very well stated
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I think that was kinda harsh there pyro. With all the threads ive seen in the past where people are openly asking how to brick their phones in order to get an upgrade, okies concern about getting a decent working device is legit imo. Ive been lucky enough to be on my original touch pro, but if i was in his shoes, getting a bad refurb after bad refurb, id be unhappy also. Some people have paid full price for these phones, and its a fair request to want a 100% fully functional device. I do agree with you though, if someone is damaging their phones with poor judgement, them getting phone after phone doesnt help any of us.
dschoenike
heres what i base my comments on.

1. I know several people with these phones, and have seen countless stories about them online. Everyone i know who takes care of their phone, is on original tp, or (in my case) is on number two because they damaged it (i dropped mine in a bucket of water).

2. These phones are basically computers with solid state storage. Anyone who carries one without a shock absorbing case deserves a broken phone, because it is simply asking for trouble.

3. the way 90% of people treat their cell phones, its probably safe to say that majority of failed touch pros are from abuse, even if sprint doesnt consider it abuse when its replaced (with the exception of the keyboard ribbon issue, which, for the record, is a very easy fix that does not require insurance replacement).

Take care of it, and it will last. There will always be lemons, but not as many as people make it out to be. The only area i can see so far where people have a right to be upset (in most cases) is refurb QC, however, as i said above, there will always be lemons, so its understandable to an extent.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro