PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rant about sprint

@ pyro, every case is different. i've had 9 and each time i call for a replacement, i'm told "you will be charged if nothing is wrong with the phone". i haven't been charged.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

okiedokieiguess is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I think that was kinda harsh there pyro. With all the threads ive seen in the past where people are openly asking how to brick their phones in order to get an upgrade, okies concern about getting a decent working device is legit imo. Ive been lucky enough to be on my original touch pro, but if i was in his shoes, getting a bad refurb after bad refurb, id be unhappy also. Some people have paid full price for these phones, and its a fair request to want a 100% fully functional device. I do agree with you though, if someone is damaging their phones with poor judgement, them getting phone after phone doesnt help any of us.
dschoenike
Yeah i definately wouldnt be *****ing about it if i had caused the damage and it was at all my fault. I actually thought maybe it was breaking from flashing so i left the most recent refurb stock and didnt unlock or flash a custom rom onto it and the keyboard died on the stock rom.

i do use a case with my phone and i am very protective of it as it is very expensive. i just want one that will work for more than a month!

im not trying to scam or get something i dont deserve, im just sick of having to reload all my apps and contacts and stuff every time the phone stops working!

Old 09-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
@ pyro, every case is different. i've had 9 and each time i call for a replacement, i'm told "you will be charged if nothing is wrong with the phone". i haven't been charged.
Big game tomorrow? mr. 8820 lol

Pyro...

I've never had an issue with insurance replacing and I've even had the sprint store do it as well. My problem is that my sprint store is 20 miles each way to get to. Plus they are always packed and have to wait in this gigantic line and hope you get back to pick up your phone before they close the doors.

I ended up with two touch pros and a diamond all for free(at the same time ). All from a purchase of a PPC6600 back in the day that I insurance'd over broken screens. If you call and ***** enough and ask for a supervisor they are helpful. I have also found that being nice but persistent helps them easily get you a device.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 09-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

yah sprints insurance program for me so far has been great. I love sprint, they are great to me.

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 09-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277 View Post
Big game tomorrow? mr. 8820 lol
oh yeah!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro254750 View Post
heres what i base my comments on.

1. I know several people with these phones, and have seen countless stories about them online. Everyone i know who takes care of their phone, is on original tp, or (in my case) is on number two because they damaged it (i dropped mine in a bucket of water).

2. These phones are basically computers with solid state storage. Anyone who carries one without a shock absorbing case deserves a broken phone, because it is simply asking for trouble.

3. the way 90% of people treat their cell phones, its probably safe to say that majority of failed touch pros are from abuse, even if sprint doesnt consider it abuse when its replaced (with the exception of the keyboard ribbon issue, which, for the record, is a very easy fix that does not require insurance replacement).

Take care of it, and it will last. There will always be lemons, but not as many as people make it out to be. The only area i can see so far where people have a right to be upset (in most cases) is refurb QC, however, as i said above, there will always be lemons, so its understandable to an extent.
I can make up statistics too! 60% of the time it works 100% of the time.

Misplaced anger. Go back and read your number 3 item and then read his post. It was the keyboard issue. That is what started the OP on the refurb route (again referencing your post, apparently he has a right to be upset by your standards over his refurb QC). So by my understanding of your posts, you should be agreeing that 4 phones in 3 months is too much, it's not too much to ask for what you have paid for.

@OP, unfortunately a NIB unit doesn't guarantee you a working unit either. Hopefully your next replacement will function properly!

I've been a lucky TP owner, the issues I have run into are easily fixed with software tweaks.... and the one unfortunate incident with my chrome bezel crumbling for no reason.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 09-10-2009, 01:18 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i've had too many touch pro's and diamonds to count... all had hardware issues, none of which was my fault. i got one phone broken in the box. i'm going to look at the tp2, as well as the hero. my account was never updated, so...i'm still entitled to the full 2 year rebate apparently. i'm gonna wait for the hero though, but the tp2 sounds more stable than the tp, but we'll see. i really do like the headphone jack though.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

M240-A1 is a n00b

Let me ask all. So with the crap out touch pro those has or had. How often do a cell phone manufacture (HTC)get feedback from the public weather if they listen or not. They assume that what we want in a phone. The misquote of saying if they hear you they will build it.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by M240-A1 View Post
Let me ask all. So with the crap out touch pro those has or had. How often do a cell phone manufacture (HTC)get feedback from the public weather if they listen or not. They assume that what we want in a phone. The misquote of saying if they hear you they will build it.
from my understanding, sprint sends the phones back to htc for re-manufacturing(sp) but htc just sends them back out. the htc fixing them part is up in the air. but, people are buying the "new" thing, so, round and round we go!
Old 09-10-2009, 03:22 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

I had a similar situation with my Diamond. I went through 3 in the last month. The 1st one was 8 months old, and the MSL and EPST settings crapped out for no apparent reason, and I couldn't connect to the internet properly. They sent me a replacement, which bricked itself for no apparent reason after less than 24 hours of use. The third worked fine for a week, and then the gps quit. By this time, I've been through about 5 Diamonds total since my first. Now they say that I have to go to the repair center, and won't replace it over the phone. The nearest repair center is 45 minutes from my house, so I drive over there, and leave the phone with them for 45 minutes. 45 minutes later I come back, and they say it's fixed. It isn't. I show them what's wrong, and they try to fix it again, but they can't. They don't have any diamonds in stock so they have to order me a new refurb, but they can't send it to my house, so they want me to drive back (another 45 minutes each way) in a few days to pick it up. I tell them that it's a bunch of BS, and they have me call CS. CS says they can't do anything, and send me back to the store guy. The store guy says to call assuron (as my last replacement, I just claimed insurance instead of driving to the store). Finally, insurance agrees to replace my diamond with a brand new TP (no TP2 -- I asked). The TP came today, and I'm happy for now -- sort of. I only had to spend about 10 hours talking, emailing, driving, arguing, enlightenting, and nearly going postal on Sprint employees. The only thing that keeps me with Sprint is my Sero plan.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro