PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Lord Delmar is keeping up the good workLord Delmar is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question TV out problem

Ok, so I have searched for this problem, but not entirely sure how to describe it so that a search would find it.

Using Silence's ROM (date is the last week of august). Went out on a camping trip over the labor day weekend and noticed something odd happening whenever I wanted to sync or charge the phone from a USB port.

I would plug in the cable and it would immediately go to the TV out popup, and at the same time, the activesync/disk drive/ICS popup. I could close the TV out popup, but it would stay in landscape mode, no matter if it was open or closed. When I unplugged the cable, sometimes it would revert back to normal and other times it would lock the phone up and I would have to soft reset.

I have tried to get it to sync so I can reflash the rom, but activesync just will not establish a connection anymore. It flat refuses to when the tv out cable is plugged in. Sad part, its just the normal USB cable that came with the phone to charge it.

Anyway, I am NOT SAYING IT IS SILENCE'S ROM THAT CAUSED THIS. I am asking for some ideas is all. Besides, I know I can simply flash via storage card if I have to, and that is fine. Just would like to know if anyone else has seen this problem, and if so, how to eliminate it.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: TV out problem

Did you try a different cable?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 09-09-2009, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yep, try a different cable.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just tried the cable from my apache, and then the one from my mogul. Both ones it does the same thing.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

sounds like a bug with tv out. it should switch back to portrait after you unplug. try re-downloading the tv out cab.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

remove the TV out from your Tp and soft reset. see what it does.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work

i actually just had this problem. funny thing was, i tried reflashing multiple time w/different roms and still had the problem, but then i flashed the shipped rom and relocked, and the problem went away. i kept it locked for a day or so then unlocked and flashed energy rom and still no tv-out problem!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Tried to update it, and it wouldn't...just gave an error about it was already installed and quit. Cannot remove it because its part of Silence's ROM, and is cooked in. Going to try Black Dragon ROM and see if it helps. If not, I will reflash back to stock (if I can find the link again) and try the relock method.

thanks so far all, this is the weirdest issue I have come across with any of the ROM's I've tried. With as great as all of them have been, and this is very weird to say, I kinda hope it is my TP. LOL
Old 09-09-2009, 05:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

Steve.G is a n00b

I don't know if it will help, but I'm running SSK and sometimes the popup for "activesync, disk drive, do nothing" won't appear. The charging icon will appear at the top but the popup just won't come up and I can't activesync. I just unplug and replug the cable from the computer a few times and it eventually catches up. Have you tried something simple like re-plugging it a few times or even using a different USB port?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thumbs down Re: TV out problem

Yes, thank you for the help though. I attempted this on multiple computers, in hopes it was something to do with my laptop. Downloading Black Dragon ROM now, and will report here if its still does it or not.

*edit*
Ok, just flashed to Black Dragon ROM. Wow, awesome ROM...very impressive.

Only...it still does the TV out problem. Is there a way I could request this option be pulled out? I mean, its a really cool feature and all, but if its not there, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Never had a use for hooking my phone to a monitor or my TV. But then again, its only me...

I will flash back to stock tomorrow evening, or the weekend and then see if it does it on stock. If so, think this might help my case for getting a replacement. *grins*

Last edited by Lord Delmar; 09-09-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Update on problem

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro