PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TV out problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83557)

Lord Delmar 09-09-2009 01:25 PM

TV out problem

Ok, so I have searched for this problem, but not entirely sure how to describe it so that a search would find it.

Using Silence's ROM (date is the last week of august). Went out on a camping trip over the labor day weekend and noticed something odd happening whenever I wanted to sync or charge the phone from a USB port.

I would plug in the cable and it would immediately go to the TV out popup, and at the same time, the activesync/disk drive/ICS popup. I could close the TV out popup, but it would stay in landscape mode, no matter if it was open or closed. When I unplugged the cable, sometimes it would revert back to normal and other times it would lock the phone up and I would have to soft reset.

I have tried to get it to sync so I can reflash the rom, but activesync just will not establish a connection anymore. It flat refuses to when the tv out cable is plugged in. Sad part, its just the normal USB cable that came with the phone to charge it.

Anyway, I am NOT SAYING IT IS SILENCE'S ROM THAT CAUSED THIS. I am asking for some ideas is all. Besides, I know I can simply flash via storage card if I have to, and that is fine. Just would like to know if anyone else has seen this problem, and if so, how to eliminate it.

elmerfudpucker 09-09-2009 01:48 PM

Re: TV out problem

Did you try a different cable?

Mylt1 09-09-2009 01:51 PM

yep, try a different cable.

Lord Delmar 09-09-2009 02:23 PM

Just tried the cable from my apache, and then the one from my mogul. Both ones it does the same thing. :(

Dr.8820 09-09-2009 02:27 PM

sounds like a bug with tv out. it should switch back to portrait after you unplug. try re-downloading the tv out cab.

Mylt1 09-09-2009 03:06 PM

remove the TV out from your Tp and soft reset. see what it does.

cassith 09-09-2009 03:16 PM

i actually just had this problem. funny thing was, i tried reflashing multiple time w/different roms and still had the problem, but then i flashed the shipped rom and relocked, and the problem went away. i kept it locked for a day or so then unlocked and flashed energy rom and still no tv-out problem!

Lord Delmar 09-09-2009 04:16 PM

Tried to update it, and it wouldn't...just gave an error about it was already installed and quit. Cannot remove it because its part of Silence's ROM, and is cooked in. Going to try Black Dragon ROM and see if it helps. If not, I will reflash back to stock (if I can find the link again) and try the relock method.

thanks so far all, this is the weirdest issue I have come across with any of the ROM's I've tried. With as great as all of them have been, and this is very weird to say, I kinda hope it is my TP. LOL

Steve.G 09-09-2009 05:28 PM

I don't know if it will help, but I'm running SSK and sometimes the popup for "activesync, disk drive, do nothing" won't appear. The charging icon will appear at the top but the popup just won't come up and I can't activesync. I just unplug and replug the cable from the computer a few times and it eventually catches up. Have you tried something simple like re-plugging it a few times or even using a different USB port?

Lord Delmar 09-09-2009 10:49 PM

Yes, thank you for the help though. I attempted this on multiple computers, in hopes it was something to do with my laptop. Downloading Black Dragon ROM now, and will report here if its still does it or not.

*edit*
Ok, just flashed to Black Dragon ROM. Wow, awesome ROM...very impressive.

Only...it still does the TV out problem. Is there a way I could request this option be pulled out? I mean, its a really cool feature and all, but if its not there, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Never had a use for hooking my phone to a monitor or my TV. But then again, its only me...

I will flash back to stock tomorrow evening, or the weekend and then see if it does it on stock. If so, think this might help my case for getting a replacement. *grins*