PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Alltel Touch Pro needs replacing, what will happen? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83536)

digi 09-09-2009 12:18 PM

Alltel Touch Pro needs replacing, what will happen?

So my 6 month old Touch Pro is seemingly about to bite the dust. The keyboard is intermittently not working, g sensor is messed up, and sometimes the power button doesn't respond.

My question is has anyone done an Alltel replacement recently with verizon? I read a few months ago they were sending out new in box replacements, does anyone know if this is still true? Is there any possibility that if I wait til friday I could get them to upgrade me to a Touch Pro 2? When I first got my TP I had to take the first two back immediately because of random problems, so this is will actually be my 4th Touch Pro.

If anyone has any info about this I would greatly appreciate it.

cassith 09-09-2009 03:10 PM

Re: Alltel Touch Pro needs replacing, what will happen?

i was actually getting ready to take my tp back to alltel and was wondering the same thing(my power button wasn't working and the tv-out function was messing up).funny thing was, after i flashed the shipped rom and relocked, all of my problems went away. good thing, because i was told over the phone that i wouldn't be getting a new one until sept 28 at the earliest!

psycho_maniac 09-09-2009 03:37 PM

yeah idk why the heck they are taking forever to send out new phones. im luckly and only had to wait a week to get my phone.

KillAByteZ 09-09-2009 03:58 PM

I waited 2 days to get my refurb. This one had been working good.

ksg 09-09-2009 06:27 PM

If anyone with an Alltel branded Touch Pro (who used to be on Alltel and now is on Verizon) does make an insurance claim, please post the results. I'm also curious as to what you'll get.

psycho_maniac 09-09-2009 06:36 PM

where is bored?

muddauber 09-09-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksg (Post 1152140)
If anyone with an Alltel branded Touch Pro (who used to be on Alltel and now is on Verizon) does make an insurance claim, please post the results. I'm also curious as to what you'll get.

I've had my TP for several months with no problems. Wife's TP has been replaced twice with refurbs. Then Verizon took over our area. Calls to Verizon resulted in being told if we switched that line to Verizon we could get a replacement, but it would cost us some 300 bucks. We were in a nearby city and went into a Verizon brick n mortar store. Had to wait some 2 hrs for our turn to be helped. Explained the deal, service guy immediately called over a manager who took us to the tech in the store and immediately ordered us a replacement at no charge and no line service change. Got a refurbed TP a few days later.

NC.:R32 09-09-2009 10:04 PM

just had mine replaced at the Verizon store with a Verizon TP

cassith 09-09-2009 10:22 PM

if it's an insurance claim, you're most likely getting a verizon tp. if it's still under warranty then HTC will replace it with the exact model you have now, alltel brand-- BUT they are backordered until sometime in october :roll:

shmibson 09-09-2009 10:40 PM

I don't know if it will be branded Alltel or Verizon, but I went to the former Alltel store turned Verizon because of similar keyboard issues under warranty. They didn't say anything about version differences or anything so I'm expecting another Alltel TP which should be here in about a week.