PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Alltel Touch Pro needs replacing, what will happen?

eyah i dont like vzw plans. the day i went i was already in a bad mood cuz of traffic and then i said "exchange server" and they told me i had to have an extra 20 dollars added on for that to work propperly on my phone. i brought it up because i figured the guy wouldnt know what i was talking about but i guess he did.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel
Threadstarter

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

I actually just looked on the plan builder, and I've got to be missing something, but it seems to be about 50/month cheaper with the Verizon plan. Only thing that I can tell is different is the 7 pm night and weekends will change to 9, but thats not a big deal to me.

Alltel / Verizon
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

ncwildcat is a n00b

It is BS what Verizon is doing to Alltel customers. Total BS. I want to trade with somebody who has a storm b/c my work will pay for my contract that way, but Verizon would not allow the Alltel pro to go onto a Verizon plan. It's all about money, which is just sick. Now, I have to try and sell the Pro to upgrade. Nice Verizon, Nice
Old 10-06-2009, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work

I am completely stumped on how all of us Alltel customers are getting screwed and we're just supposed to take it. How are we not allowed out of our contract since it is technically changed??!! I know there are specific details on how they get around this, but really, it's so wrong!
Old 10-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motor Droid
Carrier: Verizon

mclelands is a n00b

I was an Alltel customer and Verizon after the merge. I have 4 lines, all alltel phones. About a month ago I broke my TP, went back to an old Alltel 6800 and it broke. I had it replaced under the extended warranty and Verizon sent me a brand new Touch Pro. Yes, it's the crappy Verizon branded TP. I have made no plan changes and still have 3 Alltel phones on my Alltel plan. Seems like some weird BS if they're telling y'all you can't have mixed phones on an alltel plan. I would try another CSR and see if it helps. HTH
Old 11-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6900

190rev is a n00b

FWIW, I had an Alltel TP get replaced the first day of the new verizon customer service (October 18th). I went to the store and they filed the paperwork to send a replacement - and I confirmed it was another Alltel touch pro. Indeed it was. But then last week it was not getting calls or texts but could make calls and send out texts. I called tech support to troubleshoot.

They wanted to replace it with an Alltel TP but none was in stock. I was offered a Verizon diamond or TP2, I chose the TP2 and it should be here tomorrow.

I will confirm once I receive it...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ut starcom 6700
Carrier: alltel

cloudn9ne is a n00b

I called verizon on saturday about my alltel touch pro having issues randomly shutting off during the day. Talked to the regular technical support and the guy said I could switch to a verizon phone. I asked which phones were available and he said either an imagio or touch pro 2. I said I wanted the touch pro 2 and then was told it might change my plan. I then asked what phone wouldn't change my plan and he said he had both alltel diamonds and touch pros in stock. I said I really wanted a touch pro 2 and he told me he had one and loves it and then we started talking about flashing roms for a couple of minutes. He then added the touch pro 2 to my alltel account. I even have a data plan that has not been offered for almost two years since I have been buying all my phones off ebay and not signing new contracts. He then changed the $49.99 verizon data plan to my $25.00 alltel plan. I should getting my TP2 today.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

so you have a 50 dollar plan now instead of 25 dollar plan? thats messed up. I just talked to a rep the other day and i have a voicemail, i had to shut the phone off while i was on hold because my lunch break was over, and she said i did not have to change my plan. i should call in and ask for a replacement, maybe i can get another tp2 and i just ordered one and it didnt come today cuz the frickin door was locked
Old 11-04-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and Droid

utctigers is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to utctigers Send a message via MSN to utctigers

What if you're still an alltel costomer and verizon didn't buy out your area, can you still have a TP2 under alltel
Old 11-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

if your still an alltel customer but verizon didnt buy your area then what are you? you have to be ONE of that 4(?) carriers out there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro