PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Stuck in 1x (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83456)

boraxman 09-09-2009 12:24 AM

Stuck in 1x

After a trip and trying to use Internet Sharing and forcing into EVDO all I get is 1x. Wont go back to EVDo even after a hard reset.

I did search and have tried updating PRL unsuccessfully, keep getting error 1012

Is there anyway to fix this without having to use Sprint? I cant even make a call without dropping out.

Thanks.

iviyth0s 09-09-2009 01:07 AM

Re: Stuck in 1x

Quote:

Originally Posted by boraxman (Post 1150237)
After a trip and trying to use Internet Sharing and forcing into EVDO all I get is 1x. Wont go back to EVDo even after a hard reset.

I did search and have tried updating PRL unsuccessfully, keep getting error 1012

Is there anyway to fix this without having to use Sprint? I cant even make a call without dropping out.

Thanks.

Try another radio :)

Lilhgarcia 09-09-2009 03:48 PM

Prob going to have to do one of those complete hard reset where you have to re-enter your MID and MSL but you can try dialing ##3282# - Edit - Menu - Restore

Also click view and make sure active profile is @ 1

boraxman 09-09-2009 09:10 PM

I was with Sprint tech support for a good 1/2 hour, they had me try all kinds of reprogramming and programming on their end. I gave up with them and ended up fixing it myself...I think. I reloaded the stock ROM and bam EV is back.

Reloaded new custom ROM and EV stayed.

The whole thing was weird..tech suggest because I drove many miles on a trip and switched many towers that it may have messed my phone.](*,)

aman1127 09-09-2009 10:46 PM

I just posted about this same issue a few seconds ago. How did you fix it? I wasnt able to even going back to stock. I went through 4 roms and 4 radios

cbreze 09-16-2009 11:33 AM

I've had this issue(1x stuck) for the past several hours. Called sprint and was told they were messing with towers in my area. I told them I drive around alot for work and it's the same all over (scottsdale/phoenix), so I think that is a BS response. I flash alot and wondering if something messed up,I had just tried bam's 32mb pp stock rom, but, I'm back on sprint oem shipped rom, radio 112.xx.xx. I do not have option to check settings under phone/services/mode of operation as it is not listed on this rom. I tether, so DL'ing a new rom would conceivably take a couple hours at 1x speeds and be a pain not even knowing if it would help.I've heard of a registry adjustment for enabling the mode of operation under phone services , but don't know how to get to it. Never played with reg edits before. Could this be a touch pro issue and a permanent F/U? Any advice is appreciated.:???: