PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

crpkoki is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hey guys...I really need some help

I had a touch pro that I gave my wife in feb. when I joined the navy that I put mighty mikes custo rom on. I then bought a new touch pro for myself. I took y x wifes 2 gig micro card out of hers and put it in mine and was browsing the files for things I had on there i wanted and I accidentally clicked on the backup file i made before I erased the phone for her in feb. so it updated my rom and updated my phone(the new one) and reset...up comes the password screen...just a simple numericle pin...but i can't remember it. now every time i try this little timer doubles the the time i have to wait to enter a pin again...im at 2 hours and 34 min...net time will be 4 hours....and the phone will not do a hard reset! anybody have any suggestions? I can get to the tri color screen, but when i try to flash A new rom i get a cannot communicate error in the ruu....somebody help?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
Re: hey guys...I really need some help

plug the sd card into your comp..rename a new rom RAPHIMG.nbh put into the sd card.. hold volume down and power button while using the stylus pus the little reset button...keep holding the volume down and power button until new rom flashes.. problem fixed.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

crpkoki is a n00b

thanks...im gonna try that rite now. BTW, the phone that i have did not have a custom rom on it, it was factory and still locked. on the tri color screen it says unlocked though.....hope this works. cause I cant use my phone at all!
Old 09-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

it says unlocked on the tri color screen regardless. If you havent unlocked it you will need to do so before flashing. Unlocking instructions and files can be found in the upgrades section.

[edit] the nbh file can be extracted from .exe flashers using winrar. Then simply rename it to raphimg.nbh, load on the sd card, and flash away.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

crpkoki is a n00b

i tried to do the hard spl, but it wont communicate with my phone...cant establish an active sync connection cause the security lock on the phone and I cant seem to communicate with the phone on the tri-color screen either...the progress bar apears on the phone and the computer but then it says comunication error...
Old 09-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpkoki View Post
i tried to do the hard spl, but it wont communicate with my phone...cant establish an active sync connection cause the security lock on the phone and I cant seem to communicate with the phone on the tri-color screen either...the progress bar apears on the phone and the computer but then it says comunication error...
put your phone in bootloader then flash, it wont show up in activsync, but it still will work.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

crpkoki is a n00b

I saved the nhb file from mighty miks rom into the micro sd card via my wifes phone, renamed it raphimg.nhb and then I put it in my phone AND reset holding down volume and power and it flashes "no image file!" and goes tri color....and nothing. am I doing something wrong?...i know i must be...
Old 09-09-2009, 09:05 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpkoki View Post
I saved the nhb file from mighty miks rom into the micro sd card via my wifes phone, renamed it raphimg.nhb and then I put it in my phone AND reset holding down volume and power and it flashes "no image file!" and goes tri color....and nothing. am I doing something wrong?...i know i must be...
.nbh, not .nhb
(and try to make raphimg in all caps)
Old 09-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

crpkoki is a n00b

ok, i've tried it again...i've tried a few passwords, and now i have to wait like 8 hours for the timer on the phone to count down again before i can try another password....my question is, i have my old computer that i used to back the phone up in febuary....it should have the password stored in there somewhere...shouldnt it? where in the phone...the registry?, or whereever, would the phone store the password? does nanybody know?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

save yourself the trouble and reflash it. You stated above that you renamed it "raphimg.nhb". The CORRECT name is "raphimg.nbh".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro