PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mike99 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help

Hello,

I am not sure what happened, but maybe someone can help.

My TP has custom 6.5 ROM. It just froze, hard reset itself, and will not completely boot. It freezed on the initialization of the 6.5 screen, just as contact soft key appears on the bottom left. Tried to reboot dozen of times - same results.

I can get it into the bootloader mode (tricolor screen), but cannot establish connection via usb, so cannot flash another rom.

Hard reset (power, vol down (or up tried as well), and OK) will not do the trick.

Any advice???

Thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
Hello,

My TP has custom 6.5 ROM. It just froze, hard reset itself, and will not completely boot. It freezed on the initialization of the 6.5 screen, just as contact soft key appears on the bottom left. Tried to reboot dozen of times - same results.

I can get it into the bootloader mode (tricolor screen), but cannot establish connection via usb, so cannot flash another rom.

Hard reset (power, vol down (or up tried as well), and OK) will not do the trick.

Any advice???

Thanks
Hmmm.... You might check your battery connection. I know several people have had trouble if the prongs are bent/crimped. Sometimes the phone will not boot up all the way, or it will get stuck in an endless loop of rebooting.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

You can also try the thread about flashing with your micro SD card. No usb necessary. Also try rebooting your computer as well. I've had to do that to get it to sync with the proper mode and not try to be a modem.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
Hello,

Any advice???

Thanks
You can flash with an SD card from bootloader mode. Just take a RUU_Signed.nbh rom file and rename it to RAPHIMG.nbh. When you put the card in your device and bring up the bootloader, it should automatically see the rom file and ask you to press the power button to flash.

I should also mention that if you try this and when you put it in bootloader, if you don't see anything happen within a few seconds and you're sitting at the tricolor screen, then try reformatting the storage card using FAT32 with an allocation size of 1024. Then put the rom image on the card again and put it back in bootloader. Should work this time.

I wouldn't bother with the formatting thing unless it doesn't work the first time. Most storage cards already have that formatting out of the box.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: lg incite
Carrier: aTt

leemoss84 is a n00b

this didnt work 4 me. my htc 8525 is stuck on the bootloader and my computer wont even recognize it. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:15 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemoss84 View Post
this didnt work 4 me. my htc 8525 is stuck on the bootloader and my computer wont even recognize it. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
flashing from SD didn't work? what happened when you tried? what'd it say?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro