PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

robby1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Rom Help needed PlSSS ASAP

ok i need advice right now i am on juicy 8 it is has the basic things right now working fine but saw the thread people complaining juicy 8 rom topic on touch pro cdma version is there any other similar to this rom i only need basic things need a fast rom with basic look and good battery life
I am gonna use my phone for these things
1. Phone(mostly)
2. Tethering(everyday)
3. Emails(rarely)
4. Texting(rarely)
5. GPS(Garmin Installed)
so this is pretty much how i am gonna use my phone if there any trimmed up fast and reliable rom that you guys can suggest thanks

Last edited by robby1; 11-28-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor
Re: Touch Pro Rom

Give this a shot. NFSFAN's roms are the best. light, agile, wont eat your memory or battery:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88516
Old 11-28-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

robby1 is just getting started

anything else need more suggestions
Old 11-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby1 View Post
anything else need more suggestions
Wouldn't be a better idea that you spent some time on the CDMA Upgrade forums so you can compare the applications installed on each ROM. The thing is, everyone has a favorite ROM (and chef) so all (if not most) feedback you get here will be highly biased (and useless).

Trying on your own is the best way to see which ROM fits you.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 11-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

fredthedj is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
Wouldn't be a better idea that you spent some time on the CDMA Upgrade forums so you can compare the applications installed on each ROM. The thing is, everyone has a favorite ROM (and chef) so all (if not most) feedback you get here will be highly biased (and useless).

Trying on your own is the best way to see which ROM fits you.
And if that fails, cook your own!
Old 11-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: Verizon

lunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch Pro Rom Help needed PlSSS ASAP

Definitely try cooking your own. It sounds like you want a simple ROM, but the catch is that the more basic the ROM is, the more likely it will not have a feature you want.

Also, going with some of the newer 6.5.3 builds you'll see a significant speed increase, which could change your mind about adding more 'features' to your TP.

I cook my own with a com5 build (6.5.3 build 28002), Manila 2.5 ported to VGA, and all the apps that I need and want, and my phone is very snappy, very reliable, and does everything I need. ***My ROM is the opposite of what you're asking for - it's got the very latest beta of everything, lots of apps, a very large pagepool (for speed), and a boatload of customizations that apply only to me.

You can make the 'perfect' ROM for yourself - cook a very simple ROM with only basics, and only the apps you want, leave out all non-essential items.

I suggest either PPCKitchen.org's BuildOS if you don't mind using older WM builds, or our very own Calkulin's VGA Kitchen (my personal favorite).

I use Calkulin's, and once you spend maybe a few hours getting familiar with what is included, and how to cook a ROM like you want, it's easy as pie to make everything just the way you want.

If you want to stay up to date with the bleeding edge with minimal effort (i.e. don't have to add new stuff to Kitchen yourself), then RaidZero's Kitchen is good. He updates it nightly, so should you ever have the urge to cook a new ROM with the latest builds of whatever, you can be sure that his Kitchen will have it already. But it is not a visual kitchen, everything works by scripts - yet it's easy to use, too.
Radio: 1.12.34F

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro