PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 07:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dzags is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP! Phone Hard Resetting Itself!

Let me give a walkthrough of the changes I've made - just in case anyone has any idea as to where I have screwed up. I've had my TP for about a year. Since I got it I've been using the various MightyRoms, always running great. About a month ago I switched to PointUI and PointSense so I decided to try a new rom and went with some other rom - raidzero or something maybe? It was getting good reviews so I decided to try it. Anyways - a month later and it was having a ton of bugs, so I decided to switch to a rom with PointUI built in, so I went with Sceptres SenseSuite.

Whenever I flash a new rom I always follow all the instructions, sure to clear storage after the flash, etc. After flashing SenseSuite PointUI froze, and when I tried to soft reset my phone seemed to hard reset itself. I figured it might just be a rom issue, so I decided to switch back to the latest MightyRom. I switched to Mighty, cleared storage, disabled 6.5 and went to install PointUI. I had it running for about 10 minutes before it froze, and when I soft reset it instead hard reset. However when it boot up it would get stuck at the first loading screen (With red letters at the bottom).

Long story short my phone is currently on MightyRom and I'm not sure what to do with it. Yesterday it froze about 10 times and hard reset itself when I tried to soft reset. There were two times where it would hard reset, then when it reset itself to boot back up it would hard reset again. What should I do to get it back to normal? Should I try flashing back to stock, then reflashing to a new rom?

Thanks in advance anyone who reads through this and helps me out!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:56 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HELP! Phone Hard Resetting Itself!

I would put it in bootloader and flash back to stock and see if it still happens. Report what happens...
Old 09-13-2009, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Alrighty - I will do that right now. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Okay I've flashed to the original sprint rom. I'm now doing clear storage to see how things go. I'll update in a little while.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro