PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663
Anyone notice this?

I turned on my phone, and on the boot screen where it's black and says "Touch Pro" I opened up my keyboard and closed it a few times, and it seemed to push under the underside if the screen right above Touch Pro. I wonder if this could be a cause for screens messing up, and the little rainbow spots everyone is gaving issues with, but without explainable reason. Just figured I'd mention this and see what everyone's thoughts on it were. Basically when I closed it, I seen a light, similar to pushing on an LCD screen.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:14 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Anyone notice this?

lol, not sure anybody but you opens kb up while booting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
lol, not sure anybody but you opens kb up while booting.
I second that
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

I was bored.. lol I do it sometimes when I'm waiting on it to boot.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnfrk6663 View Post
I was bored.. lol I do it sometimes when I'm waiting on it to boot.
how could one ever be bored with a phone that boots and runs as swiftly as our TP .

What pisses me off though, is that if the battery is too low to run the phone...it always seems to have power, for like 6 or more boots, to do the whole lengthy boot process and then turns off right when the phone would start becoming useful
Old 09-08-2009, 05:22 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

yeah... the phone is like "i have power... you just can't have it."
Old 09-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
yeah... the phone is like "i have power... you just can't have it."
It's hair ripping, I'm a person that likes to completely kill the battery before I charge it (I'm very anal about it). So I have to sit and do those stupid cycles.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Talking Re: Anyone notice this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
I second that
Anyone else have a take? Or am I the only one that decides to open the keyboard at time it isn't meaningful...?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

There are 3 "tracks" that the KB uses when opening and closing. The center one aligns with the bottom barrier of "Call History" when the phone is closed. All that is needed to demonstrate this is to open your keyboard as normal, and remember the physical location of the "track" in relationship to the screen in portrait mode.

No, I do not open my keyboard when there is no reasonable need to do so. To do otherwise places unnecessary load on the keyboard retraction/extension assembly. (you're wearing out your phone for no purpose if you extend and retract the keyboard when you otherwise do not need the functionality of the keyboard).

This would not be the cause, (in an otherwise not defective unit), anyhow. It's just a bi-directional cam that requires 2oz of pressure to move in either direction, and assistance is rendered when it reaches 45% of either direction of movement). If you are witnessing the cam pressing against the rear of the LCD assembly, you have a defective phone from either abuse, or the manufacturer.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA

Last edited by k_semler; 09-09-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
No, I do not open my keyboard when there is no reasonable need to do so. To do otherwise places unnecessary load on the keyboard retraction/extension assembly. (you're wearing out your phone for no purpose if you extend and retract the keyboard when you otherwise do not need the functionality of the keyboard).
i have the registry setting so the phone doesnt wake up when i slide out the keyboard when the phone is put to sleep and i slide it open and closed when i get bored.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro