PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyone notice this? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83199)

krnfrk6663 09-07-2009 11:56 PM

Anyone notice this?

I turned on my phone, and on the boot screen where it's black and says "Touch Pro" I opened up my keyboard and closed it a few times, and it seemed to push under the underside if the screen right above Touch Pro. I wonder if this could be a cause for screens messing up, and the little rainbow spots everyone is gaving issues with, but without explainable reason. Just figured I'd mention this and see what everyone's thoughts on it were. Basically when I closed it, I seen a light, similar to pushing on an LCD screen.

darren.wlsn1 09-08-2009 12:14 AM

Re: Anyone notice this?

lol, not sure anybody but you opens kb up while booting.

iviyth0s 09-08-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1147431)
lol, not sure anybody but you opens kb up while booting.

I second that

krnfrk6663 09-08-2009 02:59 AM

I was bored.. lol I do it sometimes when I'm waiting on it to boot.

iviyth0s 09-08-2009 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krnfrk6663 (Post 1147665)
I was bored.. lol I do it sometimes when I'm waiting on it to boot.

how could one ever be bored with a phone that boots and runs as swiftly as our TP :angel4:.

What pisses me off though, is that if the battery is too low to run the phone...it always seems to have power, for like 6 or more boots, to do the whole lengthy boot process and then turns off right when the phone would start becoming useful

ou2mame 09-08-2009 05:22 AM

yeah... the phone is like "i have power... you just can't have it."

iviyth0s 09-08-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 1147772)
yeah... the phone is like "i have power... you just can't have it."

It's hair ripping, I'm a person that likes to completely kill the battery before I charge it (I'm very anal about it). So I have to sit and do those stupid cycles.

krnfrk6663 09-09-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iviyth0s (Post 1147543)
I second that

Anyone else have a take? Or am I the only one that decides to open the keyboard at time it isn't meaningful...?

k_semler 09-09-2009 12:58 AM

There are 3 "tracks" that the KB uses when opening and closing. The center one aligns with the bottom barrier of "Call History" when the phone is closed. All that is needed to demonstrate this is to open your keyboard as normal, and remember the physical location of the "track" in relationship to the screen in portrait mode.

No, I do not open my keyboard when there is no reasonable need to do so. To do otherwise places unnecessary load on the keyboard retraction/extension assembly. (you're wearing out your phone for no purpose if you extend and retract the keyboard when you otherwise do not need the functionality of the keyboard).

This would not be the cause, (in an otherwise not defective unit), anyhow. It's just a bi-directional cam that requires 2oz of pressure to move in either direction, and assistance is rendered when it reaches 45% of either direction of movement). If you are witnessing the cam pressing against the rear of the LCD assembly, you have a defective phone from either abuse, or the manufacturer.

psycho_maniac 09-09-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_semler (Post 1150314)
No, I do not open my keyboard when there is no reasonable need to do so. To do otherwise places unnecessary load on the keyboard retraction/extension assembly. (you're wearing out your phone for no purpose if you extend and retract the keyboard when you otherwise do not need the functionality of the keyboard).

i have the registry setting so the phone doesnt wake up when i slide out the keyboard when the phone is put to sleep and i slide it open and closed when i get bored.