PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663
Re: Anyone notice this?

So basically my phone is a defect according to Semlar?
Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
i have the registry setting so the phone doesnt wake up when i slide out the keyboard when the phone is put to sleep and i slide it open and closed when i get bored.
You're still wearing out the bi-directional cams that assist in holding the keyboard open, closed, and also assist in directional movement of the keyboard.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 09-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

When activating the sliding function of the keyboard, do you have abnormal resistence to the action you are attempting to take? (do you have to force it to extract / retract when you decide to undertake that action. Here is the service manual for the HTC Touch Pro. You can see clearly that the bidirectional cams are NOT supposed to be interfering with the operation of the display.

HTC Touch Pro Service Manual:
http://www.4shared.com/file/11329434...01_Dec_08.html
Old 09-09-2009, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rlmentz is just getting started

Ill have what hes having, with a side of rocket science please. Remembering lectures from my dad. "Your going to wear the car door out by opening and shutting it too many times"
Old 09-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - vx6800(Wife)
Carrier: Verizon

JGGiant is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
It's hair ripping, I'm a person that likes to completely kill the battery before I charge it (I'm very anal about it). So I have to sit and do those stupid cycles.

You are used to dealing with NiCad batteries that should be FULLY discharged and recharged. Our phones use LiPoly batteries. Not only is it not necessary to completely discharge them, but you will actually damage the battery by doing so. LiPoly batteries must be kept at a VERY specific voltage range. Over or under charged, will damage it. Your phone knows when to stop the charge AND when to stop the drain.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho
Threadstarter

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

I have no resistance when opening and closing it.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:29 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Never thought of that before, i always wait for the device to boot completely then open my KB.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

when my device is booting i let it load and i dont even touch it. i got the bootup time in my head so by the time i press power feel it vibrate it set it down and do what im doing then a few mins its loaded and i do what i wanna do on my phone. i do what i want. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro