PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Phantom Sprint Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83174)

BigDiesel07 09-07-2009 09:35 PM

Phantom Sprint Touch Pro

This is weird.. I removed the battery from my Sprint Touch Pro and the screen stayed lit..

View the video here...

vindication84 09-07-2009 09:44 PM

Re: Phantom Sprint Touch Pro

thats really weird..
how long did it stay on for? and did it function or just stay lit?

tatoniss 09-07-2009 09:44 PM

Wow thats weird, thats not supposed to happen

subhumanderelict 09-07-2009 09:46 PM

I know a lot of phones are supposed to have software built into them to shut the phones off when a battery isn't present, but is it possible to have a custom ROM disable that security feature? It would be really spooky if it stayed on after you removed the USB cable from the bottom.

frazell 09-07-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhumanderelict (Post 1147104)
I know a lot of phones are supposed to have software built into them to shut the phones off when a battery isn't present, but is it possible to have a custom ROM disable that security feature? It would be really spooky if it stayed on after you removed the USB cable from the bottom.

Ditto.

The manual states that you shouldn't run the phone without the battery as you can damage the internal components. Why? I don't know, but I'm sure HTC wrote that for a reason.

osva 09-07-2009 10:02 PM

You have it powered thru the USB.. That thing happened to me too, also with the mogul and treo 700wx

BigDiesel07 09-07-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vindication84 (Post 1147093)
thats really weird..
how long did it stay on for? and did it function or just stay lit?

It stayed on for at least a few minutes... I am unsure the exact time.. It just stayed lit, no functioning at all... I touch screen, slide out keyboard, hit power button- nothing..

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatoniss (Post 1147095)
Wow thats weird, thats not supposed to happen

Haha.. Tell me about it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhumanderelict (Post 1147104)

It is lock and stock Sprint ROM.. The USB Cable was not hooked to anything.. No wall charger or computer, so it was not receiving electricity... When I removed the USB cable, the screen stayed lit for a few seconds then went away.. Phone is fine now..

M240-A1 09-07-2009 10:13 PM

Are you using a new device- a wireless charger those contact can be attached to the pins inside the phones where the battery contact go and the distance from to the charging pad to those pins dont' have to be much far away

BigDiesel07 09-07-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M240-A1 (Post 1147167)
Are you using a new device- a wireless charger those contact can be attached to the pins inside the phones where the battery contact go and the distance from to the charging pad to those pins dont' have to be much far away

Nope.. Had this phone since January 20th... USB cable is stock HTC provided.. It ran maybe 10-15 secs after I un-hooked the USB cable from the wall charger (it is one of those new universal wall chargers that HTC has)..

Unknown Zone 09-07-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 1147147)
...When I removed the USB cable, the screen stayed lit for a few seconds then went away.. Phone is fine now..

Now if you can make another video showing the whole phone bottom and all without the USB cable then we might believe the statement, but as long as the USB cable is shown at start and between :06 to :11 it will not hold up in court...lol...i am just saying 8)