PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anybody tried the Manilla 2.5 port for touch pro?

it's over at http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=393 Pretty neat but still very buggy. Would love to see this incorporated into Energy rom once everything gets ironed out.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Anybody tried the Manilla 2.5 port for touch pro?

I remember reading in some post that it was way too buggy to be implemented right now in his ROMs, at least for VGA users (TP)

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 09-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yea, it's pretty buggy.. Cool all the same. I look forward to it being implemented. Something to check out if you are bored and wanna see the new manilla
Old 09-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

I tried his ROM awhile back just to preview manila 2.5. I loved the new manila, but it was very buggy, it was fun to play with for a bit, but wasn't ready for day to day usage. I really like the home screen shortcuts, and the simpler people tab. However, I really think 2.6 will be twice as nice of an upgrade to manila, and I cannot wait to see it ported.

Does anyone even know if a 2.6-VGA port is being worked on? I've seen it running on YouTube on Touch HD and Diamond2, but thats about it. It seems to run pretty well on those devices, so does that mean it would run equally well on a CDMA Touch Pro 2 I wonder?

Alltel / Verizon
Old 09-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
Does anyone even know if a 2.6-VGA port is being worked on? I've seen it running on YouTube on Touch HD and Diamond2, but thats about it. It seems to run pretty well on those devices, so does that mean it would run equally well on a CDMA Touch Pro 2 I wonder?
I've read that's it's not possible to port it to the Touch Pro. I don't know if that's true or not.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

2.6 will not work on the touch pro. Conflipper posted the following at XDA:

Quote:
2.6 does not work on Qualcom Chipsets.

2.6 was first developed on the HTC Qilin, this device is OMAP3, This was back in june, so 2.6 is nothing new. and the device is using Power Vector Textiles(PVR) for the GFX, and since qualcomm chipsets do not recgonize PVR GFX, 2.6 manila will not work. Qulacomm chipsets use QTC GFX, and not PVR.

but recently 2.6 manila has been getting back ported to 2.5 manila, and that is where you saw that at. if you look at UDK ROM, and in the registry, you will see that Manila_Core version is 2.5.1918, but the version in manila reports 2.6, but its actually 2.5.

2.5 is actually now more powerful the 2.6, and the only reason it is 2.6 is becuase it is developed for a different chipset, and so it has different GFX.

and so a real 2.6 manila will not work in any way on Qualcomm Devices.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
yea, it's pretty buggy.. Cool all the same. I look forward to it being implemented. Something to check out if you are bored and wanna see the new manilla
The 2.5 Mutti is working on is a leaked pre-release beta which is really more of an alpha in reality. Mutti seems to be doing a good job of porting the parts that work but there is so much that is incomplete in his base files that I doubt you will ever see a fully working version of 2.5.

But on a side note Conflipper also said that the actual Manila engine (executables and such) of 2.5 is the base of the 2.6 version and that the incompatabilities with qualcomm is due to the graphic formats used in 2.6 not the base manila itself.

If someone can crack the conversion of those graphics it should be possible to make a working version of 2.6 which is much more stable than 2.5 is right now.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

TI probably provided HTC with graphics drivers at no cost. Older OMAP processors have been known to have way better rendering/processing when it came down to video/2D/3D graphics in general.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 09-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

I wouldn't get 2.5 only because it'd be too scrunched on the TP's smaller screen, it doesn't have all the breathing room like on the TP2
Old 09-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yeah, that's the only thing i don't like about it.. all scrunched up. If they could port it and resize everything for the vga screen it would be nice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro