PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth users, I need your help regarding BT and the Touch Pro

I don't use bluetooth at all, so I'm worthless in helping a family member solve this problem from across the country. Anyway, he's having a bit of a problem pairing his TP with his car. Everything was fine until he hard reset his device the other week.

Before the hard reset, he was able to view his contact list through the car. also was able to see recent callers and people he's called through the car. also, when people would call, it would show the name of the person on the car display. it doesn't do any of these anymore. all it does now is receive and send calls, and when he receives calls, it just shows the number and not the person's name.

It's not the car(audi) because the current loaner he's using from the dealership has the same issue. It's probably something simple to adjust in settings, but I just don't know what it is.

Anyone able to assist me in resolving this?
Thanks in advance!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
Re: Bluetooth users, I need your help regarding BT and the Touch Pro

I was going to say try re-pairing it but you said it doesn't work with another car either than I'm at a loss?
Maybe check the Bluetooth settings in the Phone, maybe it doesn't have all of it's features enabled by default
Old 09-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

We need to know a bit more. When he hard reset the device, Did he restore all of his contacts + settings? And what did he do when he re-paired it back to the car? My deck (pioneer 7000BT) requests if I want to sync my contacts to it.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

thanks for the replies.
His TP is on a Stock ROM btw (before and now). He doesn't tinker with anything (not then or now), so everything is pretty basic... he paired it using connections under the settings.

He didn't use any restore utilities before/after the hard reset. Although, i remember his contacts were already on his phone after the hard reset... so maybe something was stored on his storage card and then picked up? he had sktools, pim backup and spb backup. Although, i think the only one he ran was pim a long time ago. Hmm didn't even think about that. That could cause the problem of not showing up correctly, right?

The only other thing different on his phone is i think he had advanced config 3 for when he used to use touchflo long ago (not sure if there's anything that auto changes BT in there, but he definitely didnt manually change anything) and now he does not. Also he's running mobile shell 3 now.

edit: he said he's tried deleting and repairing several times.. the phone asks to grant permission from car to sync contacts.. he chooses yes and nothing changes...
another interesting thing i just learned is that he's been losing these functions one by one it seems. first he lost being able to check received/sent calls, then later lost caller id with names as id. then finally lost the contact list.

Wow, i am so confused as to why this is happening? any ideas?

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 09-07-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Almost a VIP

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff

How long did it work before the hard reset, BTW I doesn't Audi do over the air updates to its systems?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

before the hard reset it worked perfectly... after the reset is when he started losing functions one by one... wasn't long before he only had the asic bluetooth functionality working (send receive calls with no detailed info displayed or accessible on his car)

not sure about over the air updates
Old 09-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Almost a VIP

I would want to say do another hard reset, cant hurt now, and see if that fixes it, but have him HR, restore contacts only not histories, and then re-pair to the deck,and thats it. Also have him clear all the pairings off the radio in the car. If that does the trick then watch the cabs he puts on, that may be the issue. Good luck to ya and keep us posted.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

i was hoping it wouldnt come to that. he's not very familiar with wm devices and doesn't have too much time to learn (i put everything on there for him both times) and i'm too far to do it for him this time. A hard reset would definitely be more annoying for him than it would be to the average wm user.

Thanks anyway for your attention and the suggestions. If anyone else has experienced similar issues and know how to resolve, please let me know.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ TP2 XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

ramborami is keeping up the good workramborami is keeping up the good work

Hi Orlando, as you said in your PM, I have experienced the same issue no matter which version OS is on my TouchPro.
The contacts & call history do sync up but only for a few days. Once you compile a large call history, it no longer syncs up correctly. Only the first 20 Outgoing calls will sync up.

I have only been able to fix this by deleting my Call History once a week (while away from the car- not paired). If you clear your history while paired to your Audi, you will have problems, you may have to re-pair.

I just got a Touch-Pro-2 so I will report back in a week or so and let you guys know if they've fixed the bluetooth to work with Audi.
Old: VZW TP XV6850 >> VZW XV6900 >> VZW XV6800 >> VZW XV6700 >> VZW XV6600
Old 09-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Was TP2. Now EVO 4G ya!
Carrier: Sprint

s4titan is a n00b

ramborami,

I just upgraded to a TP2 from a Touch and have not been able to sync my address book or call history to my 08 Audi RS4. Did you get your TP2 and Audi to sync?

Thanks,

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro